Next M&M playtest?

For Mutants & Masterminds prep and discussion.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

No you little greedy-monkey! Costumed Adventurer took down the speedster with a well placed batarang. :)
Hardcorhobbs wrote: I'd say Energy Wielder was better than ok.... didnt he also take down the speedster?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, once again Impervious proved its worth. Costumed adventurer really couldn't do anything against the Powerhouse. Only +5 damage with a boomerang. Against Rank 10 Impervious, no damage chance at all even with a critical hit (which boosts damage by +5). With the feats that he had, costumed adventurer had to attack from stealth, gaining surprise (+2 to damage) *and* powerattack (+5 damage) in order to get past the Impervious. And even then it's only a +2 modifier to the Toughness save, which he easily overcame everytime I hit.

So once again we had to diversify to different powers other than straight damage. But since we weren't playing teams at first, secondary tactics were limited (ie, Costumed Adventurer could possibly Dazzle or Stun the Powerhouse, but he typically recovered from them before I could follow up with an attack. A teammate could have taken advantage of the opportunities.).

And when we played against Evil Robot, forget it. Costumed adventurer couldn't do any damage straight up (with the surprise attack and power attack, the Toughness save DC was 17 and the Robot had a +16 Toughness save. Auto save unless I got a crit). AND the evil robot was Immune to any Fortitude effects! Like my backups, Dazzle and Stun! lol! "Batman runs away using his SuperMovement - Swingline!"
setanta14 wrote: but Powerhouse and Costumed Adventurer together couldn't beat Evil Robot.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

EvilGenius wrote:No you little greedy-monkey! Costumed Adventurer took down the speedster with a well placed batarang. :)
Eh couldnt remember. But point being I thought energy controller did rather well.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I agree. I think the Energy Wielder was quite formidable, although the way they built the archtype was a little one dimensional. With a slightly different build, diversifying a bit with the Alternate Power options, he would have been really deadly.
Hardcorhobbs wrote: I thought energy controller did rather well.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

The alternate powers (blast, healing, and dazzle) were my own choosing. I think if I played again I might choose some alternate ones. And I also know some stuff I didnt last time which would make the character play better.