The Horror Continues ......

For discussion of the Expedition to Ravenloft
EvilGenius

The Horror Continues ......

Post by EvilGenius »

I'm excited to get back to Ravenloft this week. Stupidundeadmonstrosoties won't know what hit 'em. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Me too. Admittedly, part of me wants to get back to the dwarves ASAP so we can continue delving, but the Ravenloft campaign is equally compelling ... and Pierce gets his spell book!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lance,

How do you want to handle Pierce's imminent leveling? I intend to take a level of wizard -- should I level him up now, and we can role-play out a) how that happens and b) how he gets a spell book? Or do you have some other plan?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Go ahead and add your wizard level for tonight. I hadn't realized that anyone had already leveled.

When you return to town, Ashlyn begins helping the townspeople clean up. In the process, she speaks with a widow of a man who'd been a low level wizard. She is grateful for the party's brave actions, and donates her late husband's spellbook for the cause.

Not trying to leapfrog the RP, but this will let us get on to the main plot stuff. Generate the spell selection randomly - standard rules for a 1st level spellbook per the DMG.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:Go ahead and add your wizard level for tonight. I hadn't realized that anyone had already leveled.
Yes, for the record, it looks like any PCs that started half-way thru 6th level will have leveled after last session (myself included). Any PCs that used that initial XP for crafting and such will probably still be just shy of leveling.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

WOO HOO level 7!

Doh! Back to 6 :cry: Poor Naru.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote: Yes, for the record, it looks like any PCs that started half-way thru 6th level will have leveled after last session (myself included). Any PCs that used that initial XP for crafting and such will probably still be just shy of leveling.
Ah, that might be it. I thought I remembered you or Bob saying that you'd be just shy of leveling.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer