Level Dance

For discussion of the Expedition to Ravenloft
EvilGenius

Level Dance

Post by EvilGenius »

So after the xp for the things at the gallows, Doneghal leveled (but we still hadn't rested enough to get spells when we were attacked by the spectre/wraith).

So after we rest in town, he could have cast the Restoration spell on Obregon to remove the neg levels. I also forgot Donny's other Domain power, Protective Ward. Give someone a +7 resistance bonus to a save made within the next hour. The Resistance bonus would stack with the protection from evil bonus, giving a +9 total to the save (instead of the +3).

So without retconning the neg levels, Obragon would have no neg levels due to the spell and Donny would have made both of his saves.
EvilGenius

Lightbringers

Post by EvilGenius »

Lance, Doneghal would like to sign up with the Lightbringers. Out of their clerical special abilities:
Lightbringer clerics [/b] can drop Turn Undead to take Destroy Undead (does area effect damage against undead, resisted by will save, consumes turn attempts). They can drop one Domain Power to gain True Daylight (blow a turn undead attempt to make a Daylight spell cast create true daylight, with reduced area of effect and duration). The can also drop a Domain Power to use Positive Healing (blow a turn attempt to grant someone Fast Healing 2 for 5 rounds).
The Destroy Undead power doesn't fit well from an RP standpoint for Donny. He's much more the Resist guy than the Destroy guy. So I'll keep regular turning. I will swap out my Earth Domain power for the True Daylight Power though (since I leveled).
erilar

Post by erilar »

Cool! I'll post XP for the specter encounter soon.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer