9/7 XP and Wrap-up: "Look at me bum!"

For discussion of the Expedition to Ravenloft
erilar

9/7 XP and Wrap-up: "Look at me bum!"

Post by erilar »

"He's got the tight halfling ass..."
- Pierce, explaining the lack of expansion in the new party member's pants (as compared to the late Doneghal's Trousers of Instant Fortification).

Our intrepid monster mashers return to Barovia from the swamp, drained, bruised, and bedraggled. There they meet up with some new comrades:
  • * Willard Thistlebottom, stalwart halfling warrior and professional caravan guard extraordinaire
    * Berigal, dwarven priest of Moradin(?), and his faithful cohort, Garwick the gnome
The group decides to recuperate at the Blood of the Vine for a few days before embracing more peril, but Nellis and Lysander are attacked in their beds late one night by two vampire spawn. The party repels these assassins, but not before the fiends drain the bard and wizard of a few pints.

LVL 7 chars: 600 XP
LVL 6 chars: 771 XP

The Scoobie gang then decides to spend the next evening at the Kolyana family manor. Several more bloodsuckers approach the party in the guise of villagers, but are repelled by the unimpressed Berigal.

LVL 7 chars: 600 XP
LVL 6 chars: 771 XP

Following Madam Eva's precognitive clues, the group then delves into the forest searching for the Tome of Strahd, guided by Ireena. Deep into the wilds, they are accosted by several werewolf archers in hybrid form, and several others in full wolfly guise.

LVL 7 chars: 400 XP
LVL 6 chars: 514 XP

Victorious, the company presses on, eventually discovering a craggy outcrop in the dense forest. A dark cave opening is just visible at the base of the mammoth rock.
Last edited by erilar on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Re: 9/7 XP and Wrap-up: "Look at me bum!"

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:
  • * Willard Thistlebottom, stalwart halfling warrior and caravan guard extraordinaire
Thats PROFESSIONAL caravan guard (and you can add the extraordinare if you so desire). :wink:
erilar

Post by erilar »

Guys, let me know if you expect you'll level from this XP.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Obregon does NOT level from this xp.

Probably two more sessions before that will happen...
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Starting half way through 6th level puts my new cleric at 20056. 7th level is 21000. So I'm 946 short of levelling. :)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Okay thanks - just keeping tabs on where the party is.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Okay thanks - just keeping tabs on where the party is.
went to bed early last night so I didn't have time to update Pierce's character sheet.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Levelled...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

So he's 8th lvl now, Damon?