First Mission Arc

The Dwarven Imperative.
EvilGenius

First Mission Arc

Post by EvilGenius »

This will serve as a recap for the first mission arc (3 sessions).

The mission was to find a band of orcs that was observed in the area and gather some intel on the orcs. The intel that was of specific interest was the significance of the Three Mountains Orcs and how they are getting different tribes to work together in mixed warbands.

The party found the group of orcs (Grim Strikers tribe) and defeated them, although there were no Three Mountains orcs with them. These orcs were traveling during the day, seemingly without penalties (Daylight adaptation). They also knew how to use the terrain to their advantage in battle, making them harder to hit and making it easier to hit their enemies (Mountain Fighter feat, attacking from higher ground).

They had two leaders with them, one of whom was a skilled rogue, the other a skilled Scout.

They also had some magical abilities in the form of finger bones which were snapped in half to produce various effects like Darkness (variant potions).

The orcs also had large sacks of armor captured or looted from fallen Knights of the Fist.

In the next session the party investigated an orcish camp they had seen from a distance. The camp had significant numbers from various tribes, including Three Mountains Orcs.

The party encountered two patrols and successfully defeated them in battle. These orcs were powerful barbarians and were accompanied by several trained chimera.

The party followed a patrol away from the camp, and surprised the patrol parlaying with several humans. The orcs were mostly all Three Mountains orcs, who proved to be powerful barbarian/fighters, whose brutal blows overcame several party members with pain and nausea (Three Mountains weapon style).

The group recovered several sets of magical armor, which didn't seem to be of very high quality. The magical enchantment seemed to fade over a few days time.

You also captured one of the humans.

Session Three:

The party took the human prisoner back to the Cathedral of Liberty and were successful in interrogating him and handing him over to Kalib for judgement.

The party learned:
1) The Three Mountains orcs have a societal and religious significance. They are chosen from various tribes duing a pilgrimage to an Orcish holy site, the Spire (or Spear or Pillar) of Grummsh, several days ride West of the Cathedral of Liberty. This site is always surrounded by several full tribes of orcs and is definitely not a suitable goal for your group. :)

2) The orcs were looting fallen OBers and sending evil humans into the domain in disguise.

Travelling back to Khelez-Mar to report, the party encountered another small warband of Orcs who seemed more feral then the others (Marrow Sucker tribe). These were the most powerful fighters yet, though not at all intelligent combatants. They were led by an orcish druid, though, who proved to be magically dangerous.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

The first few sessions were also a shakedown for me to see how leveled up orcs handle in combat. I tried a few different builds/classes. So far I'm liking the threat level. How do you guys feel about the overall threat level, enjoyability?

The next several sessions are going to be more "adventure-y". Some more exploration/problem solving, now that I've gotten a few combats under my belt. :)