Finish the Fight

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I beat Halo 3...
Did anyone catch this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wfm5KFjDXQ
Pretty cool! When are we getting a Halo movie!?!
That is cool ... amazing what people can do nowadays; do you know anything about the guys that put this together?

I think the Halo movie fell apart (movie studios didn't want to put as much money into it as MS wanted, if memory serves) but I gotta think we'll see one eventually.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I believe this was done as a segment from the Discovery channel during a program about video games; the tie in with Halo is pretty obvious (meaning that's probably where they got their money)...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I believe this was done as a segment from the Discovery channel during a program about video games; the tie in with Halo is pretty obvious (meaning that's probably where they got their money)...
Ah. I wasn't sure if it was entirely an amateur affair or done by professionals.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Lars Porsenna wrote:I beat Halo 3...
Did anyone catch this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wfm5KFjDXQ
Pretty cool! When are we getting a Halo movie!?!
WOW! That was really, really well done! I'm going to see if I can find this as a hi def download somewhere. So cool!

On a related note, even though I didn't get a chance to play H3 over the weekend, I did start watching the Red vs Blue machinima. I'm part way through the second season now - really good stuff. I have them on DVD if anyone wants to borrow them when I'm through. (Must admit I torrented them - $100 was way too steep a price point, IMO.)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

"Combat Part 1" in 720p HD.
"Combat Part 2" in 720p HD.

Edit: links are now both Quicktime format for you Apple peoples.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Freaking awesome. I watched it last night. Is the two part high def different? I may have to watch it again at lunch ;-)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Freaking awesome. I watched it last night. Is the two part high def different? I may have to watch it again at lunch ;-)
I think the two parts together make the video Damon linked to. I was just looking for them in a high def format so you can see stuff better.

(Plus, I just figured out that if I convert these MOV files to MP-4 format, then I can play them with my DVD player on the big screen! :twisted:)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Here's a link to "Arms Race" (in 720p).

This film, the first of the three shorts, make up the trailers done by Neill Blomkamp, who was the director that was slated for the ill-fated Halo movie. It would have been glorious...
erilar

Post by erilar »

Just watched the two hi def versions of the Combat trailer. The link Damon posted was Part 2, so the Part 1 link is new content.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Cool - no need to convert these and burn to DVD. If your 360 is on a LAN with a PC running Windows Media Player 11, you can stream video right from your PC to the Xbox 360. Fucking cool...

Between the great games, the excellent XBLA content, all the play convenience of Live, and this connectivity stuff, I'm really getting to love this console! :D
erilar

Post by erilar »

I'm just going to keep posting over and over today. :D

Did any of you buy the Limited or Legendary editions of H3? If so, I'm going to be a total leach and ask if I can please borrow the A/V calibration tool disk? Apparently from several WWW comments I've read, it is actually a very good HDTV calibrator, so I'd like to try it on the new BFT9000 if someone would be so kind.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:I'm just going to keep posting over and over today. :D

Did any of you buy the Limited or Legendary editions of H3? If so, I'm going to be a total leach and ask if I can please borrow the A/V calibration tool disk? Apparently from several WWW comments I've read, it is actually a very good HDTV calibrator, so I'd like to try it on the new BFT9000 if someone would be so kind.
Nope, I went the cheap route. Sorry.
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote: Nope, I went the cheap route. Sorry.
I was actually planning to get the Limited edition until I heard about the problem with scratched disks. (Unfortunately, after the fact it turns out that the scratched disk thing was very, very overblown by the media/community.)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I got the limited. I'll bring it next game.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Thanks, Cory!
erilar wrote:If your 360 is on a LAN with a PC running Windows Media Player 11, you can stream video right from your PC to the Xbox 360. Fucking cool...
I tested this out last night - works really well (and those videos looked hella cool).

It didn't work with .MOV files, though. (Apparently Windows Media Player will only handle .MOV ver 2.0 and earlier. MOV is an Apple-only format and later versions only play via Quicktime.)

Video worked fine with .WMV files, and apparently it'll do .AVI and also the MPEG formats (.mpg, .mpeg, etc.).