New Goings-on

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

New Goings-on

Post by erilar »

I finally shrugged aside WoW last night and did some 360 stuff. (The killer 2500 honor deluge from Wed night helped a bit. Double honor in Alterac Valley this weekend too - w00t! The epic shoulders and gloves will be mine this weekend, or no sleep 'till Brooklyn!)

I played the tutorial and first chapter from Call of Duty 4 - wow, what a great single-player campaign. Super immersive. (My Louisiana friend Danny is in love with the MP, but haven't tried that yet.)

I also got the demo for the new XBLA game, Commanders. It's a scifi-ish, turn-based strategy game with an art deco 50's kinda look. It seems fun - only played the tutorial, but I like it so far. Similar to the "Advance Wars" Game Boy games.

The Disks of Tron demo really brought back some memories, but in the end the gameplay is very dated.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I'm replaying Halo 2!

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm playing this game called "Build a WordPress Blog for Sue", so I haven't been doing much on the 360 front. Also, I got sucked into Stargate: Atlantis (thanks cory!) so that ate up most of my freetime.

I'd love to get back to our Thursday-night Halo 3 sessions; I think we should make a point of it next week.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've been playing No More Heroes on the Wii. The game is great. You play a geek who buys a real lightsaber on ebay. Then you go on a quest to be the top rated assassin in the world. Of course, in between you have to do odd jobs to pay the bills (including everything from assassination jobs to mowing the lawn). The jobs are all cool little mini games. Otherwise it's all about killing. And bloody killing at that!

It's obliviously made for older gamers from the nintedo erra. NOT safe for youngins, but completely a fun simple game. Easy to play for those frustrating after work hours ;-)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Yeah, I haven't been gaming either. I've almost beaten the "new kitchen floor" game - just one more level to go tomorrow morning...

I did manage to fit in our WoW arena matches Wed night, and whole hour of Xbox last night, so I shouldn't bitch too much.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

No More Heroes is pretty cool, Cory. I checked it out at my friend Gabe's over the weekend.

I haven't played any 360 yet, but the console is now out of the box. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about hooking it up yet. Still trying to decide how to go as far as getting it hooked up to the internet.

As for games, I don't own any yet, but Gabe did let me borrow Bioshock, so that'll likely be my first foray into gaming, once the system is set up.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost