"Still Alive" on Rock Band!

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

"Still Alive" on Rock Band!

Post by erilar »

Yep you heard it. Soon to be a $1 download. Jonathan Coulton's ascension to geek demigod status continues.

Plus, here's a video of JC, Leo Laporte, Merlin Mann, and Veronica Belmont playing it live on stage. (I totally have a podcast nerd crush on Veronica...)

If you haven't played Portal yet, this song is the outro to the game.

Wait. If you haven't played Portal yet, drop whatever you're doing, go to the store and f*ucking buy Orange Box, and go home and play Portal from start to finish. I am your friend and this may be the sole good piece of advice you ever get out of my worthless hide.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I've got it, but I need to take a motion sickness pill before playing it again. Half-Life just messes with my head.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:I've got it, but I need to take a motion sickness pill before playing it again.
Even though I'm usually very prone to motion sickness, this game didn't actually make me feel sick. There were a few times, though, where I was stuck in a recursive falling-in-and-out-of-two-portals loop where I had to look away from the monitor for a minute because I thought I was going to fall out of my chair. :D
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer