Back to Borderlands?

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
EvilGenius

Re: Back to Borderlands?

Post by EvilGenius »

Sorry you've been so sick. But don't worry, I'll just concentrate on leveling my Brick until you're ready to join me. :) I'm 14 now, I think. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Finally finished The Vault campaign for Borderlands and yeah,mthe ending was just as lame as everyone said it was. But man, what a ride. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

So now that I've finally finished the game, what DLC should I play?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

All of them! They get increasingly better, and make up for the poor ending of Blands. Do you own them yet? If not you might be best trading in your copy and getting the GOTY edition with all 4 DLC's. Here's a quick rundown:

Moxie: Only a tournament based dlc, but opens up a bank for weapon storage, and beating tournament's gives you extra skill points. You'll likely need a hand beating these though.

Dr. Ned: Hilarious zombie fighting fun and all the Halloween goodness. A good one to start with, especially considering it's October.

Clap-trap: Another hilarious jaunt, this time fighting the little buggers! Another good place to start.

Knox: The best IMHO DLC. Great humor, great fun. This one is pretty difficult however, so you likely want to do the others first.

If you need any help let us know. Mike just hit level 61 and I'm two bubbles away. Heading towards all the achievements!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Good to know. I think my character's level 38 right now. "The Spy" -- otherwise known as the SMG Finger of Death -- still works like a charm. Its effectiveness has only been dulled by high level, armored opponents (specifically the Red Lance goons, or whatever they're called). For that I have my corrosive SMG and acid rain grenades which do a pretty good job of obliterating their little red wagon.

If anyone wants to play some Xbox this week, I should be around.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I've got some 'chievos still to get, and most of the DLC still to do, so I'd be game for Borderlands with you guys, too. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I'll join and help out but prob not this week. Finishing up the semester by next week.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I'll join and help out but prob not this week. Finishing up the semester by next week.
Cool. Is this your last semester?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Nope. I'm retaking a few classes which I had taken 4 years ago to make sure I'm current(ish). I'll prob be done this spring.