Back to Borderlands?

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

Re: Back to Borderlands?

Post by erilar »

Seconded that the DLC content is not "tacked-on". In fact, the DLC is (in general) better than the main game.

I also have a lower-level character. While I still want to finish up Claptrap's Robot Revolution, playing at any level with friends is an amazing, hilarious experience. The NPCs say stuff that will stop all 4 players in a legit LOL fit.

The game is also pretty forgiving when players of varying levels are together. Mike, Cory, and I are all about lvl 45. Jon played with us recently, and he's level 38. We really didn't have much trouble. The lower level char is definitely more fragile, but the game also seems to level the lower person up pretty quickly.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Mike doesn't have Reach. I'll be around tonight playing borderlands again. Then not around till Monday.
Plans changed and I'll probably be around tonight.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Sorry, I'm out tonight. Sue's working upstairs and I'm feeling particularly anti social after a craptacular day.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:Sorry, I'm out tonight. Sue's working upstairs and I'm feeling particularly anti social after a craptacular day.
I ended up working late too. Zack and I were also both bushed, so we vegged out and watched the first half of "Last Action Hero". We're on a cheezy Ahnuld flick kick. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:I ended up working late too. Zack and I were also both bushed, so we vegged out and watched the first half of "Last Action Hero". We're on a cheezy Ahnuld flick kick. :)
Except that Last Action Hero borders on cheezy and just bad :P
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hardcorhobbs wrote: Except that Last Action Hero borders on cheezy and just bad :P
Yeah, but it's the self-aware and very meta kind of cheese. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:
Hardcorhobbs wrote: Except that Last Action Hero borders on cheezy and just bad :P
Yeah, but it's the self-aware and very meta kind of cheese. :)

Mmmm, meta-cheese, yum. ;)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Thanks to Lance's Timely tip, I've ordered Boarderlands GotY edition from Amazon for $20. I received the ship notice last night so I should be able to jump in next week! :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Thanks to Lance's Timely tip, I've ordered Boarderlands GotY edition from Amazon for $20. I received the ship notice last night so I should be able to jump in next week! :)
Sweet!
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Awesome!

Mike and I have been farming. Some of the Clap-trap 'chievos are collection missions that take quite some time to get because they are rare drops. We also found a fantastic place for farming weapons. We've been slowly upgrading our gear the past few sessions. Finally we've been tackling Moxie's Underdome Riot. We beat all the small challenges, so onto the large ones now. They are rough, and take a ton of time (small were about an hour, large will be at least 3), but man are they fun! Fortunately we don't gain any experience from these, so we're not leveling past where we've been (level 46).

I also plan to continue working on my Mordecai who's currently at level 22. Though I might start a new Mordecai to help you run through the game Bob. :)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So I've got my Boarderlands. I fired it up and I've got a 4th level Brick. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Brick's are much fun - I love charging into combat, and most of the "dialogue" they have entertains the rest of the party. ;)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So I'm level 11 now, soon to be 12. I'm really liking the Brick so far. I've got some good weapons and then when a bunch if enemies swarm me I go into berserk mode for the damage reduction/immunity and by the time I get to maniacal laughter everyone us generally dead. :)

I like the game a lot so far. It's a better version of Fallout than Fallout 3 is. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

EvilGenius wrote:So I'm level 11 now, soon to be 12. I'm really liking the Brick so far. I've got some good weapons and then when a bunch if enemies swarm me I go into berserk mode for the damage reduction/immunity and by the time I get to maniacal laughter everyone us generally dead. :)

I like the game a lot so far. It's a better version of Fallout than Fallout 3 is. :)

Yeah, it is a great deal of fun, and even moreso with a gang. Can't wait to jump in with you.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Sorry I've been blowing you guys off (both the 'Swordsmen and our new recruit Bob.). Caught some kinda plague and I'm still out of work today. Was getting sick Fri night, so hope none of you got it.

Supposed to drive 4 hrs to Johnstown NY to see a customer tomorrow afternoon and not sure what to do. Cant imagine this will last much longer - ugh.