Attn: Mortal Kombat fans

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

Attn: Mortal Kombat fans

Post by erilar »

Toys R Us has the new MK on sale for $40, but there's a coupon available that will bring the price down to $30. <edboon>Toasty!</edboon>

Info I'm reading says that the coupons are in their free in-house gaming magazine thing, available at either the video game counter or customer service. The cover should have either Michael Jackson, Pokemon, or a Nintendo 3DS on it.

In addition, look for copies with a little blue sticker on them. The sticker indicates a first-run copy that has the Kitana DLC character included.

The reviews have been very positive, and I'm a huge fan of the classic 2-D MK2 and MK3, so hoping some of the rest of you are too. Even if no one wants to buy it, I'd love to play and relive some old school, in-person, same-couch MK!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Re: Attn: Mortal Kombat fans

Post by erilar »

Okay, this game rocks. Best Mortal Kombat since MK2.

HUGE amount of things to do. The story mode is actually entertaining, and a good motivation to play the game when friends aren't available to beat on. It cycles you through all the characters, a couple fights with each, and in between every fight, there is a short cutscene. Delightfully campy and unapologetic - kind of a cross between an old kung fu movie and a comic book. The plot is actually retelling the whole thread of happenings from MK1 - MK?. Pretty awesome.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Dude, sounds like a good time. I'd definitely be up for some MK throwdown. After all, some fighting-game goodness got me started console gaming with you guys (x-men slugfests, anyone). :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Jonkga wrote:Dude, sounds like a good time. I'd definitely be up for some MK throwdown. After all, some fighting-game goodness got me started console gaming with you guys (x-men slugfests, anyone). :)
Agreed. I'd love to have a butts-on-the-same-couch, in-person MK get together - just like we used to do all the time way back in the day!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Cool! Maybe I can finally figure out how to do a special move!!! :$
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!