New 2012 MtG DotP Out!

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
NukeHavoc

Re: New 2012 MtG DotP Out!

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Yeah, I don't know about this version yet, but the last iteration of the game really rewarded switching up decks to progress through the campaign. So very often you'd end up in match-ups like that where you'd get routinely trounced until you switched up decks to change the dynamic and oppose with a different strategy.
Yeah, I'm thinking a red deck will work nicely here; burn through the weenies before they can get equipped.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Just not the first red deck you unlock. It's a bigger creature deck with little burn capabilities. That's the reason I'm still playing as white.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Well, that said, it took me 11 tries to beat that 1st red deck with the white soldier deck! If the 1st red one clicks anywhere as well as it did against me, I think red will be the deck to use against white.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:Well, that said, it took me 11 tries to beat that 1st red deck with the white soldier deck! If the 1st red one clicks anywhere as well as it did against me, I think red will be the deck to use against white.
Took me one :P
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hardcorhobbs wrote: Took me one :P
My Xbox is clearly smarter than your Xbox... :lol:
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:My Xbox is clearly smarter than your Xbox... :lol:
But mine is younger :P
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

FYI: I'm going to try and get online tonight to play a little multiplayer Magic (I'm going to do this game for my next GameCryer review).
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

NukeHavoc wrote:FYI: I'm going to try and get online tonight to play a little multiplayer Magic (I'm going to do this game for my next GameCryer review).
I'm on!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

I did download and install the new MtG. And, it does take some getting used to, as it is just one phase-shift away from the previous edition. That said, it is awesome, and I can't wait to play it with you folks.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I got to the Revenge campaign last night, and man is it ever HARD! You play with two computer opponents against one enemy ... but the enemy has a special deck of cheater cards that can do things like, say, draw two land cards for free (and play them untapped), wipe out all of an opponent's non-land permanents, etc.

Cool but very difficult.
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:I got to the Revenge campaign last night, and man is it ever HARD! You play with two computer opponents against one enemy ... but the enemy has a special deck of cheater cards
This must be the Archenemy style play like those decks that Brendan has?
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

NukeHavoc wrote:I got to the Revenge campaign last night, and man is it ever HARD! You play with two computer opponents against one enemy ... but the enemy has a special deck of cheater cards that can do things like, say, draw two land cards for free (and play them untapped), wipe out all of an opponent's non-land permanents, etc.

Cool but very difficult.
Ken, that's not the Revenge campaign, that's Archenemy - it's awesome. You can do it AI style like that, or co-op style, which is awesome-er. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Ken, that's not the Revenge campaign, that's Archenemy - it's awesome. You can do it AI style like that, or co-op style, which is awesome-er. :)
ah, ok -- I knew it was one of those. I completed the first campaign last night and unlocked Archenemy. It is hella cool. :) I'd love to try it out with some human players.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Finally beat the dragon deck last night. With the solders! Key was getting my build going before he did. I'm sorely tempted to try it out as that theme was one of my all time favorites (Plus it has goblin fodder!!!). We'll see though, I'm not very excited about it being paired up with black magic. I never liked the death theme.

We definitely need to get some archenemy on soon!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

WotC announced the first expansion:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... er/081711a