Attn: Wing Commander fans

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

Attn: Wing Commander fans

Post by erilar »

A new PC game was just launched which is intended as an homage to the Wing Commander series and Homeworld.

For those not familiar with these classic PC titles, we're talking about a tactical space fighter simulation. This is a light sim - not too fiddly and high on the action. Think: you are a Battlestar Viper pilot.

This game genre has been pretty much extinct for the last decade, and this company just melted brains in some of us old Wing Commander fans!

And, it's only $10 on Steam.

http://solexodus.com/features/
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Attn: Wing Commander fans

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I've been watching this game for a while. I really want to play it. Hoping they finish the planned console release so I can!
erilar

Re: Attn: Wing Commander fans

Post by erilar »

My guess is that this particular release is their proof of concept, and they will be shopping for a publisher with deeper pockets.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer