Hero Academy (iOS)

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
erilar

Hero Academy (iOS)

Post by erilar »

Ken (and interested others) -

Let's try out Hero Academy. It's a free download, and I've been hearing nothing but increasingly good things about it. The business model is pay-per-feature, so you start out with one human squad for free, and then there are small microtransactions for other armies (dark elves, tribesman, additional livery colors for your doods, etc.). The price for these things is small and reasonable (~$2 for a new army), and none of them are required to play.

They also just updated the game such that it is native on iPad, so now we can play in full-res.

Lemme know!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Re: Hero Academy (iOS)

Post by erilar »

Bump for interest!

This is a light strategic board game for iOS (phones and pads). The MP gameplay is asynchronous, so this would be a nice unintrusive way for us to get some gaming on mid-week!

L
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I downloaded for my iPhone. Username is evilgeniusprime.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

K - cool. I will learn how to play and then send you a game.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Bought the Dark Elves, natch. :) Sent you a game turn!
erilar

Post by erilar »

Definitely get this game, guys - it's quite fun! (Although Bob is seriously kicking my ass right now, haha!)

It is pretty high action and dramatic for a strategic board game. It's kind of like fantasy capture the flag chess on opium. Yesh, I'll go with that. :lol:
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

One big problem with hero academy so far. Games take FOREVER!! (lance, this is not directed at you.)

I've started around 15 games and only three have completed. I don't know if people just lost interest, or were annoyed that I was winning or what. But it's a little frustrating. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:Games take FOREVER!!
I guess it just depends on what you're looking for in a game. Ken and I have been playing Ascension (and some Carcassonne) at a rate of one to two turns per day, and I really enjoy that pace. This is gaming that we can fit in to even an otherwise busy day, so that's a win for me. I went into HA expecting a long resolution, so it wasn't really bothering me. (Other than perhaps witnessing slo-mo agonizing destruction of my poor little elves at the hands of Bob the Dwarven Destroyer, haha!)