Couch co-op recommendations

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
Jonkga

Couch co-op recommendations

Post by Jonkga »

So, we all enjoy playing games together, but we don't often do so physically together.

My brother is asking for suggestions for video games he and his wife can play together. I figured I'd come to the collective blackrazor brain for suggestions.

So, what do you reccommend?
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Fen's Ego

Re: Couch co-op recommendations

Post by Fen's Ego »

Co-Optimus is a site specifically tailored to just such inquiries. You can filter by system down to # of players and genre. Average user ratings are provided to the right to separate the wheat from the chaff (with a grain of salt, of course). I've linked Xbox 360 games with couch co-op (the couch icon right of the title), since this seems to be the system of choice:

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id ... leased=All

As for specific recommendations, I haven't tried couch co-op on much of anything besides House of the Dead: Overkill (for Wii) - hilarious by the way. Good luck to them on their physical/digital bonding experience!
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Thanks for the link. I think Lance and/or Cory had talked to me about that one before,but I couldn't remember it.

Also, suggestions on other platforms, such as phones/tablets would be welcome, too.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Cooptimus is an awesome site. I don't visit it nearly enough.

You have to be careful with the couch co-op games, because Jana and I (also Mike and I when he was crashing with us) found out not all co-op games are equal. Sure you can couch co-op blands and blands 2, but the split screen isn't preferential. Especially on a 32" (or smaller) tv.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Any of the lego games, and any of the New Super Mario games are all safe bets because both players are on one screen. There are a bunch of fantasy games that work this way too. Dungeon Siege 3 is like that... but Mike and I found it incredibly tough. Meanwhile Jana and I have played some of Lord of the Rings War in the North and found it to be very enjoyable (in fact we really need to get back to that).

There's a bunch of stuff on the DS that we haven't tried, mostly because you need two copies of the games (two DS's are not a problem in our house ;)) Haven't done much with MP on any ios devices though.