Destiny 2

Discussions of games for Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC, Mac and other platforms.
NukeHavoc

Destiny 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm hearing really good things about Destiny 2. I'm considering getting it. Anyone else interested?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Destiny 2

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm kind of interested. Same with the first. its a sci-fi setting I like. I could do with something other than FPS, but then again bungie always made great ones. Not enough to buy it yet... but if I know enough people to play with maybe.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:I'm kind of interested. Same with the first. its a sci-fi setting I like. I could do with something other than FPS, but then again bungie always made great ones. Not enough to buy it yet... but if I know enough people to play with maybe.
It sounds like they've fixed a lot of the issues with Destiny, and it's newbie/casual gamer friendly. I'm in the mood for a good FPS - I'd rather play Borderlands 3 but since that's not out yet....
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Destiny was the first (and last) game I purchased this console generation that kept me returning for more. Yes, there were issues and moments of "why am I doing this grind?", but then there was challenging end-game content, addictive pvp, and a very satisfying, if not overly complex loot system. I made friends in pickup groups that I began playing with regularly. And this was playing through only the first two of four expansions, where I hear they really started patching the holes. I'm in.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

We'll, if we have our own little clan going, I'll see if I can budget it in.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Not in the cards this month. Next I'll have to save for MEPACON. Maybe for Xmas?

Sorry, already preordered Metroid and South Park... so the entertainment budget is low to begin with.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Cory - Christmas might be a good timeline. If I have funds, I might get it next month, but Civilization 6 is also calling...