New Character: Callisto Vonn, Gunslinger

Our KOTOR campaign.
erilar

New Character: Callisto Vonn, Gunslinger

Post by erilar »

This is my new character. He's Cory's new pilot's sidekick.

Some of the things didn't calculate out right. I don't take any to-hit penalties for Rapid Shot, for instance (due to the Gunslinger talent Trigger Work).

Also curious about the dual-wielding rules. In the book, it only says that you take -10 to all attacks if you dual wield. I took Dual Weap Prof I & II, which should reduce the penalties to -2/-2. Then, I took the gunslinger talent Multiattack Proficiency that should reduce dual wield penalties by another 2, leaving me with a +0/+0 modifier.

However, SWSE heroforge calculates all my off-hand shots at an additional -2 TH. I think this is wrong, because there is no Ambidextrous feat in SWSE, and I can't find any reference for an off-hand weapon TH penalty. Was this -2 to off hand attacks added via Errata or something?

------------------------
Callisto Vonn CL 10

Medium Human soldier 7/gunslinger 3
Init +14; Senses Perception +11
Languages Basic, Durese, Rodese

Defenses Ref 28 (flat-footed 24), Fort 24, Will 23
hp 75; second wind +10/20; SR 10; Threshold 24
Immune +5 to Fortitude Defense against extreme heat and cold effects

Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +10
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +15 (3d8+8) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +12 (4d8+8) with Rapid Shot or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +15 (3d8+8) and heavy blaster pistol +13 (3d8+8) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +12 (4d8+8) and heavy blaster pistol +10 (4d8+8) with Rapid Shot or
Ranged hold-out blaster +15 (3d4+8) or
Ranged hold-out blaster +12 (4d4+8) with Rapid Shot
Base Atk +10; Grp +14
Atk Options Attack Combo (Ranged), Comrades in Arms, Devastating Attack (pistols), Dual Weapon Mastery, Penetrating Attack (pistols), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Trigger Work
Special Actions Quick Draw

Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 8
Special Qualities trusty sidearm +1
Talents Comrades in Arms, Devastating Attack, Multiattack Proficiency (pistols), Penetrating Attack, Trigger Work, Weapon Specialization
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Attack Combo (Ranged), Dual Weapon Mastery I, Dual Weapon Mastery II, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus (pistols), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple)
Primary Skills Initiative +14, Mechanics +12, Perception +11, Pilot +14, Treat Injury +11, Use Computer +12
Secondary Skills Acrobatics +9, Climb +5, Deception +4, Endurance +6, Gather Information +4, Jump +5, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +7, Knowledge (galactic lore) +7, Knowledge (life sciences) +7, Knowledge (physical sciences) +7, Knowledge (social sciences) +7, Knowledge (tactics) +7, Knowledge (technology) +7, Persuasion +4, Ride +9, Stealth +9, Survival +6, Swim +5
Possessions all-temperature cloak, bandolier, binder cuffs, comlink, credit chip, datapad, electrobinoculars, flight suit (+0 armor, +1 equipment), heavy blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster, holorecorder, medical kit, 6 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3 day food supply, 2 medpacs, tool kit, power pack, 8 energy cells, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), Concealed holster, 2 Holster, light energy shields (SR 10)
Last edited by erilar on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Re: New Character: Callisto Vonn, Gunslinger

Post by setanta14 »

Maybe look up Jango Fett's stats and see how he is statted out?
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Also... do you need Double Attack (Pistols)?
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Don't forget to fix your hit-points. I'm pretty sure you should have more than 40 ;)
erilar

Post by erilar »

Double attack is different. It allows you to make two discrete attacks with a single weapon (such as a blaster rifle), incurring -5 penalties to all attacks. Kind of like the extra attacks you get as you level in 3e D&D. Triple Attack adds a third, at a -10 total penalty to each.

In my case, I'm wielding one pistol in each hand via the "attacking with two weapons" rules on pg 154. Using this option, you start off with -10 to all attacks. Dual Weap Mastery I reduces that penalty to -5, and DWM II further reduces it to -2. (DWM III results in no penalty, but I don't have that one.) However, my Gunslinger talent Multiattack Proficiency (Pistols) reduces any dual wield penalty by 2.

I can't find any reference to a -2 TH penalty to one's off hand weapon, but that's what seems to be happening in the Saga Edition Heroforge 1.31b. I think it might be a hold over from the D&D code, assuming they adapted this sheet from D&D Heroforge. Otherwise, maybe the off hand penalty is mentioned in errata somewhere??
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
erilar

Post by erilar »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Don't forget to fix your hit-points. I'm pretty sure you should have more than 40 ;)
Oh crap - thanks!
erilar

Post by erilar »

Well, that could have went better. Maybe he was the armory supply clerk during his soldier days...

----------
RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for lancer.x@gmail.com

6d10, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 9, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1
Roll subtotal: 21
Roll total: 21

3d8, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 8, 4, 2
Roll subtotal: 14
Roll total: 14
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Ehh.... just override the sheet then if the rules support what you calculated.
erilar wrote:Double attack is different. It allows you to make two discrete attacks with a single weapon (such as a blaster rifle), incurring -5 penalties to all attacks. Kind of like the extra attacks you get as you level in 3e D&D. Triple Attack adds a third, at a -10 total penalty to each.

In my case, I'm wielding one pistol in each hand via the "attacking with two weapons" rules on pg 154. Using this option, you start off with -10 to all attacks. Dual Weap Mastery I reduces that penalty to -5, and DWM II further reduces it to -2. (DWM III results in no penalty, but I don't have that one.) However, my Gunslinger talent Multiattack Proficiency (Pistols) reduces any dual wield penalty by 2.

I can't find any reference to a -2 TH penalty to one's off hand weapon, but that's what seems to be happening in the Saga Edition Heroforge 1.31b. I think it might be a hold over from the D&D code, assuming they adapted this sheet from D&D Heroforge. Otherwise, maybe the off hand penalty is mentioned in errata somewhere??
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Yeah, I did the dual wield thing with my mando interlude character, and there are no off-hand penalties - your reasoning was sound, the sheet is flawed.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost