Characters for the Fringer Campaign

Our KOTOR campaign.
EvilGenius

Re: Characters for the Fringer Campaign

Post by EvilGenius »

Lars Porsenna wrote:My character is a scoundrel...

Damon.
Sorry, Damon. I misread that. I don't get as much sleep as I used to .... :?
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Thanks for posting guys! I gives me a much better idea of how to finish this first session up.

Damon, can you be a little more specific on the diverse skills? Trying to figure out why everyone would be hired for the ship (and making sure there are positions for everyone).
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I think I'm also going to make a trooper today. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

We may need a capital ship just to house all Bob's PC's :wink:
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:We may need a capital ship just to house all Bob's PC's :wink:

Welllll, I view these characters more as semi-NPCs. If you want to flesh out the crew a little or you need to bring a character along for backup, hey, here are some other doods on the ship. If I make it to a game, I'll play one of these guys depending on what we need for the mission that night. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

EvilGenius wrote:Welllll, I view these characers more as semi-NPCs. If you want to flesh out the crew a little or you need to bring a character along for backup, hey, here are some other doods on the ship. If I make it to a game, I'll play one of these guys depending on what we need for the mission that night. :)
Oh I know, just had to pick on you. I actually appreciate the assistance in filling out the ship! :D
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

By the way... to make up for the false start last week I'm going to try and get some of my star wars mini's customized for the first game. Just something as simple as throwing a little blue paint on them ;)

Damon, do you have a mini in mind/owned/ordered? Or can you post an idea of how you picture your droid looking?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Damon, do you have a mini in mind/owned/ordered? Or can you post an idea of how you picture your droid looking?
I was intending on bringing a Necron Deathmark or Pariah. No I don't have a specific mini, but he's a security droid, something sufficiently aggressive with a pistol. Or a Necron... :D

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Wow, those Deathmarks look pretty badass! I'm not sure you're worthy of that yet, Damon ......

(though if your droid follows in the footsteps of the uber-effective Quest Fios, the Deathmark may not be badass enough)
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Edited my character description to list trained skills.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So I've made several trooper-types to play around with the form a bit. I've got a few that I like, and I think it's reasonable for BT or the Jedi to have a small unit of soldiers along with them (small like 3 or 4 soldiers, max).

So here's the first, Davidos Gendarme, a human male Soldier.

Davidos had an interesting childhood which has prepared him for service as a highly trained Republic Commando. When Davidos was in his early teens, his parents relocated for a lucrative job. Unfortunately, while the family was travelling, their upscale transport was attacked by raiders who were led by a Sith. Many people safely made it off of the ship via the escape pods, including Davidos, though he was separated from his family in the chaos. Davidos' escape pod took fire after launching from the transport and he crashed on a nearby forested moon. The other people in his pod were killed in the crash.

For nearly a year, Davidos lived on the moon (marooned background) until he was discovered by a friendly hunting expedition and returned to his family. Davidos immediately started training to join the Republic military, concentrating on developing his physical skills (Indomitable) and training with the largest guns he could find (heavy weapon proficiency). Additionally, Davidos kept up with his training in first aid, knowing that being able to apply a medpack or being able to set a bone during combat can make the difference between life and death.

In play, Davidos likes to shoot first, shoot second, shoot some more and then if there's anyone left, try and apply a medpac. Davidos also has a serious dislike of and is eager to engage in battle against any type of raider/brigands (Mandalorians count, in his mind) and most especially, Sith.

Davidos Gendarme CL 1

Medium Human soldier 1
Init +7; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic

Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 17, Will 12
hp 32; Threshold 17
Immune +5 to Fortitude Defense against extreme heat and cold effects

Speed 4 squares
Melee survival knife +2 (1d6+1) or
Melee short sword +2 (1d6+1)
Ranged heavy sonic pistol +3 (2d8) or
Ranged assault blaster rifle +3 (3d8) or
Ranged assault blaster rifle -2 (3d8) with autofire
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Atk Options autofire (assault blaster rifle)
Special Actions Indomitable

Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Background: Marooned (No penalty to Treat Injury checks to heal yourself, Survival is a class skill)
Talents: Indomitable (move +5 steps up the Condition chart as a Swift Action, 1/day)
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Skill Training, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons, heavy weapons)
Skills: Endurance +7, Initiative +7, Perception +6, Survival +6, Treat Injury +6 (no penalty to heal self)

Possessions assault blaster rifle, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), heavy sonic pistol, Republic combat armor (+6 armor, +2 equipment), short sword, survival knife, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser)
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Here's Davidos at 3rd.

Davidos has developed a high degree of skill with heavy weapons and ship based weaponry (weapon focus: heavy weapon, Devastating Attack) and with battlefield medicine. Davidos has turned the tide of battle with his heavy blaster cannon or with a timely medpac on more than one occasion.

In play, Davidos likes to use the big guns on the biggest enemies, though he unquestioningly takes direction from Kell, which, on several occasions, has meant using the big guns on the smaller enemies. That doesn't hurt Davidos' feelings too much.

Davidos Gendarme CL 3

Medium Human soldier 3
Init +8; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic

Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 17), Fort 19, Will 14
hp 48; Threshold 19

Speed 4 squares
Melee survival knife +4 (1d6+2) or
Melee short sword +4 (1d6+2)
Ranged heavy sonic pistol +5 (2d8+1) or
Ranged assault blaster rifle +5 (3d8+1) or
Ranged assault blaster rifle +0 (3d8+1) with autofire or
Ranged rotary blaster cannon -5 (3d10+1) with autofire or
Ranged rotary blaster cannon +3 (3d10+1) when braced or
Ranged heavy repeating blaster +0 (3d10+1) with autofire or
Ranged heavy repeating blaster +3 (3d10+1) when braced
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Atk Options autofire (assault blaster rifle, rotary blaster cannon, heavy repeating blaster), Devastating Attack (treat opponents damage threshold as 5 less)
Special Actions brace (rotary blaster cannon, heavy repeating blaster), Indomitable

Abilities: Str 13, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Background: Marooned (No penalty to Treat Injury checks to heal yourself, Survival is a class skill)
Talents: Devastating Attack (count opponents Damage Threshold as 5 less)
Indomitable (move +5 steps up the Condition chart as a Swift Action, 1/day)
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Skill Training, Skill Focus (Treat Injury), Weapon Focus (heavy weapons), Weapon Proficiency (heavy weapons, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills: Endurance +8, Initiative +8, Perception +7, Survival +7, Treat Injury +12 (no penalty to heal self)

Possessions assault blaster rifle, audiorecorder, field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters,, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), heavy repeating blaster, heavy sonic pistol, Republic combat armor (+6 armor, +2 equipment), rotary blaster cannon, short sword, survival knife, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser)
Last edited by EvilGenius on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Here's a commander for the soldiers.

Kell comes from a wealthy family in the Core worlds, who for generations served as loyal protectors of the Jedi. When Kell was still a young boy, his family was chosen to accompany an important Jedi on assignment to Iridonia, where Kell spent most of his formative years. Kell has spent a lot of time focusing on the life in the Protectorate (Armor Proficiency: Light, Born Leader). Upon reaching his maturity, Kell was sent to the Unified Force Academy to assist with security. He looks at this as an opportunity to uphold his family legacy.

In play, Kell is a tactician, directing his troops to best effect. He uses Knowledge: Tactics to advise which opponents to go after in which order and also how to use the battlefield to his advantage. At the beginning of any encounter Kell uses Born Leader to give his allies an immediate edge.

Kellmik Chemar (Kell) CL 1

Medium Wroonian noble 1
Init +7; Senses Perception +0
Languages Binary, Bocce, Durese, High Galactic, Twi'lek, Wroonian, Zabrak

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 13, Will 15
hp 18; Threshold 13

Speed 6 squares
Melee short sword -1 (1d6-1)
Ranged heavy sonic pistol +2 (2d8) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +2 (3d8)
Base Atk +0; Grp +2
Special Actions Born Leader

Abilities Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15
Background: Planet of Origin: Iridonia (Endurance and Survival are class skills, Zabrak is a bonus language)
Special Qualities: Persuasive (may reroll Persuasion check, have to keep the second roll)
Talents: Born Leader (As a swift action, 1/encounter, all allies within line of sight gain +1 to attack rolls, while they remain in line of sight)
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Linguist, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills: Endurance +5, Gather Information +7, Initiative +7, Knowledge (galactic lore) +7, Knowledge (tactics) +7, Persuasion +7 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Survival +5, Treat Injury +5

Possessions field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters,, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), heavy blaster pistol, heavy sonic pistol, light battle armor (+5 armor, +2 equipment), short sword, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), helmet package
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Here's Kell at 3rd level:

In the months of leading the squad of Republic Troopers assigned to the Unified Force Academy, Kell has developed as both a soldier and an officer (levels in Noble and Soldier) and is a consummate squad leader (Coordinated Attack and Keep Them at Bay). In recognition of his skills, his family has entrusted him with one of their hierlooms, a suit of Jedi Battle Armor which was gifted to one of Kell's ancestors for loyal service. Kell has also noticed a calm confidence filling him whenever he sees the Force in use (Jedi familiarity).

In play, Kell still uses Born Leader at the beginning of any combat encounter to give his allies an immediate edge. He then typically follows up by using aid another and suppressing fire to protect his allies.

Out of combat, Kell uses his natural Charisma to be the 'Face' of the unit.

Kellmik Chemar (Kell) CL 3

Medium Wroonian noble 2/soldier 1
Init +8; Senses Perception +1
Languages Binary, Bocce, Durese, High Galactic, Twi'lek, Wroonian, Zabrak

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 20, Will 17
hp 28; Threshold 20

Speed 4 squares
Melee short sword +1 (1d6)
Ranged heavy sonic pistol +4 (2d8+1) or
Ranged heavy blaster pistol +4 (3d8+1)
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Special Actions Born Leader, Coordinated Attack, Keep Them At Bay

Abilities Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15
Background: Planet of Origin: Iridonia (Endurance and Survival are class skills, Zabrak is a bonus language)
Special Qualities:Persuasive (may reroll Persuasion checks, must keep the second roll)
Talents: Born Leader (As a swift action, 1/encounter, allies within line of sight get +1 to attack rolls while they remain in line of sight), Keep Them At Bay (Targets suppressed by you aiding another take a -5 penalty to their next attack)
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Coordinated Attack (automatic success with aid another action at point blank range),
Jedi Familiarity (Gain a Force Point once per encounter when targeted or affected by an ally's Force powers or talents),
Linguist, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills: Endurance +6, Gather Information +8, Initiative +8, Knowledge (galactic lore) +8, Knowledge (tactics) +8, Persuasion +8 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Survival +6, Treat Injury +6

Possessions field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters,, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), heavy blaster pistol, heavy sonic pistol, Jedi battle armor (+5 armor, +5 equipment), short sword, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), helmet package
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Here's a young human Jedi.

Brin was orphaned on Nar Shadda as a young child and managed to survive mostly on his own on the Smuggler's Moon. When Brin was around 12 or 13, he thinks (there are no records of his exact age), a Cerean Jedi named Bol'Arin, found him and recruited him to the Unified Academy.

Bol'Arin was surprised that the young human had a heart that was so pure and free of fear and hatred, especially having grown up alone in such a harsh environment. It was only after the two had left Nar Shadda that Bol'Arin discovered the truth: Brin was regularly visited by the Force Ghost of his great-grandfather (Guardian Spirit), who had been guiding young Brin in the ways of the Force from a very young age. Consequently, Brin is very skilled in the Force (Skill Focus: Use the Force, Force Boon).

Brin has spent a few years formal training at the Unified Academy and has recently built his own lightsaber, which is his most prized possession.

In play, Brin is very competent at applications of Use the Force and he has many Force Points to spend on skill checks (and he gets an additional d6 when using a Force Point with an untrained skill). Strangely, though, sometimes Brin appears to be having a full blown conversation with himself (he frequently consults with his great grandfather for advice). Brin is young still, and is not the first to rush into combat with his lightsaber.

Jayarbrin (Brin) CL 1

Medium Human Jedi 1
Init +2; Senses Perception +1
Languages Basic

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 12), Fort 12, Will 13
hp 30; Threshold 13

Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +1 (2d8)
Ranged by weapon +3
Base Atk +1; Grp +3

Abilities Str 10, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 14
Background: Orphan (when you spend a Force Point to add to an untrained skill, roll an additional 1d6)
Talents: Guardian Spirit (When you use the Search Your Feelings application of Use the Force skill, you can instead choose to consult your guardian spirit. When you do so, you learn more than just whether the results of your actions will be favorable or unfavorable; you also learn the nature of any immediate conequences, including potential encounters and whether or not certain actions will bring you closer to achieving your destiny.)
Feats: Force Boon (gain 3 extra Force Points each level), Force Sensitivity, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, simple weapons)
Skills: Endurance +5, Knowledge (galactic lore) +5, Use the Force +12

Possessions: condensing canteens, all-temperature cloak, lightsaber, 3 day food supply, medpac x3
Last edited by EvilGenius on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.