Mission 2

Home of the Hellfire Aces mercenary band.
User avatar
EvilGenius
Posts: 6457
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: Mission 2

Post by EvilGenius »

Yeah that was my question.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!

User avatar
NukeHavoc
Posts: 11883
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Mission 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:"And if we really do just want the 'mech, why can't we just stagger back into the bar, get all cozy-like with him and then shoot him in the head?"
"We need the mech. We'd probably be doing the galaxy a favor by offing Christophos, but we don't know exactly where the mech is. I say we talk him into taking us to see the mech. Nothing like a towering hunk of steel to impress the ladies right? Then we can decide what to do next."

"Sound like a plan?"
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange

User avatar
Lars Porsenna
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Manta, Ecuador

Re: Mission 2

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Bump. Still waiting for people to push this forward... :(
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Lars Porsenna
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Manta, Ecuador

Re: Mission 2

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Bump...again... :(
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/

User avatar
EvilGenius
Posts: 6457
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: Mission 2

Post by EvilGenius »

Ok, Damon. As the GM you can post plot content also, you know (did Christophos stay in the bar, is he leaving with a girl, are there other people around outside, any security forces notice us, any thugs try to mug us?)

So we're going to try and get him to take us to the mech along with the girls.

Plan set, Walker pretend-staggers back into the bar and makes his way back to the mark. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!

User avatar
Lars Porsenna
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Manta, Ecuador

Re: Mission 2

Post by Lars Porsenna »

OK Bob as a player you can also talk about what you're going to do. Ken's last post suggested you were going to talk to the mark, so I've been waiting for someone to do something for the last week.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/

User avatar
NukeHavoc
Posts: 11883
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Mission 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:OK Bob as a player you can also talk about what you're going to do. Ken's last post suggested you were going to talk to the mark, so I've been waiting for someone to do something for the last week.
OOC: Patience, patience. We once waited two weeks for you to reply; it's the nature of these things. As long as we have *some* progress, I'm happy. Plus, it's easy enough to miss a cue online (I was waiting for Bob to respond, but clearly he missed that). As an aside, I'll say that as a GM for a forum (and to echo some of Bob comments), I've found that when you hit a lull and want the characters to move, sometimes it's a good idea to make the NPCs act; e.g. the Mech pilot comes outside to take a piss on the side of the building, and nearly gets knifed by someone else looking to steal the mech.

Not criticism, just suggestions.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange

User avatar
NukeHavoc
Posts: 11883
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Mission 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nigel and Walker head back inside. "Well I'm about a liter short and a few kilos lighter now," Nigel says, walking back over to Christophos' table with an exaggerated swagger. "So Christophos, how about we go check out them mechs? 'Cause I hear the women, they *love* do'n it in a mech. Am I right, or am I right ladies?"

Persuasion roll: 18 + 8 = 26
(having the Diceonomicon on your phone means never being without your dice. :))
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange

User avatar
EvilGenius
Posts: 6457
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Allentown, PA

Re: Mission 2

Post by EvilGenius »

Walker says, "Huh, this is turning into a sausage party, if you know what I mean. I'll see you guys later.". Walker then heads back outside and takes up a good position to keep an eye on the bar so that I can see Chrostophos leaving.

Knowledge Tactics to get a good position: 6+8 = 14
Stealth to hide: 8+13 =21
Perception to notice anything else going on and wait for Christophos to leave with the ladies and watch for Christophos: 12+12=24
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!

User avatar
Lars Porsenna
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Manta, Ecuador

Re: Mission 2

Post by Lars Porsenna »

"You want to see mech?" Christophos says. He has a noticeable slur now. "OK, you can see mech. Ladies, are you coming?"
He looks amused by his comment, smiles a little "Hah. I think I make funny..."

He staggers out of the bar, and you follow.

Meanwhile, walker tries to hide himself in some bushes that he thinks will be an ideal hiding spot, but too late realizes that he cannot see most of the street from this position, and it will be difficult to keep a track on Christophos, Nigel, and the floozies. Walker is about to give up when he sees another figure exit the bar, look both ways, and walk in the same direction as the party. He is a large man, deeply tanned, wearing a short-sleeved black shirt that barely covers his bulk, a set of fatigue trousers, and a black beret.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Lars Porsenna
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Manta, Ecuador

Re: Mission 2

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Nigel follows the drunken CHristophos through the streets, clearly heading for the part of town that encompasses the military base. Christophos is unable to walk a straight line, but he seems to be doing fairly well. He stinks of cheap alcohol and cheap perfume, but you figure that's simply how he rolls.

You reach the outside of the military base, when Christophos stops you. "Have to recycle alcohol," he says, arranging a couple of garbage cans, and proceeding to urinate.

Nigel feels a hand clap down on his shoulder, and as he turns around to see who it is, a fist brutally encompasses the range of his vision:

Roll(1d20)+3:
17,+3
Total:20

To his Nigel's reflex.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/

User avatar
NukeHavoc
Posts: 11883
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Mission 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nigel's Reflex is 18, so that is a hit.

http://griffcrier.com/battletech/charac ... el-gibson/

Assuming he doesn't go down outright, he'll turn around and say "what the--?" while drawing his slug thrower.

Perception 1d20 (20) + 8 = 28

What does he see?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange

User avatar
Lars Porsenna
Posts: 4676
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Manta, Ecuador

Re: Mission 2

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I'll figure out damage a little later

Nigel turns around and sees a big man, wearing a black t-shirt, military style fatigues wearing a beret. He is massaging his nuckles, smiling slightly. He appears to be readying another swing.

From behind Nigel, he can hear "Hey, will you keep it down? Christophos is having pee..."

Off in the distance, you can hear some shouts and muttering. It sounds like the scuffle and your startled yell may have attracted some attention...
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/

User avatar
NukeHavoc
Posts: 11883
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Mission 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Nigel turns around and sees a big man, wearing a black t-shirt, military style fatigues wearing a beret. He is massaging his nuckles, smiling slightly. He appears to be readying another swing.
"What the hell man, can't you see my friend here's trying to take a piss?" Nigel raises his gun. "Now back the fuck off before I put a bullet in your brainpan".

Persuasion 1d20 (4) + 8 = 12

Burning a Force point: +1

Total: 13

*@$!% dice.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange

User avatar
NukeHavoc
Posts: 11883
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Mission 2

Post by NukeHavoc »

NukeHavoc wrote:
Lars Porsenna wrote:Nigel turns around and sees a big man, wearing a black t-shirt, military style fatigues wearing a beret. He is massaging his nuckles, smiling slightly. He appears to be readying another swing.
"What the hell man, can't you see my friend here's trying to take a piss?" Nigel raises his gun. "Now back the fuck off before I put a bullet in your brainpan".

Persuasion 1d20 (4) + 8 = 12

Burning a Force point: +1

Total: 13

OOC: *@$!% dice

"Umm, Walker, little help here..."
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange

Post Reply