Aftermath: Ostscout Reposession Caper

Home of the Hellfire Aces mercenary band.
NukeHavoc

Re: Aftermath: Ostscout Reposession Caper

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nigel's suggestion stands:
To start, I think we sell the Ostscout ... and the information we acquired. We should check Jack's computer records to see if there's any reference to who his contact was for buying the Ostscout (we might want to sell it to them, particularly if they'll be super-pissed off if we sell it to someone else ... and have the weapons to do something about it).
We should then meet the crew chiefs (bridge, operations, maintenance, etc.) and explain that we're the new command crew, and we'll be calling the shots. I think we should implement a standard "pirates share" approach to distributing the loot (crew gets a 1 share, chiefs get 2 shares, command crew gets 3 shares ... since we're doing the leadership stuff. :))
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

The only drawback that I can see to selling to Jack's contact is that those people would be a logical place for Jack to look for us. And I'm thinking we probably just made an enemy...
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Yes, Jack is now a mortal enemy and he could possibly intercept us at the rendevous point, IF he can scoop enough brains back into his head to remember any details about the rendevous. :) And then he still needs to get a ship and some mechs or some credits .....
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

So to sum up I suggest we do the following:

1) search Captain Jack's cabin for useful information, loot his computer, etc.
2) meet with the crew and explain the share situation and new command structure
3) depart for our starport of choice on Galatea. Once there, Lenny can use Gather Information to find out what the word is on the street about our liberation of the Bun-Bun, and start looking for a buyer for the Ostscout.

Everyone ok with this?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote:... Everyone ok with this?
Yep - sounds like a good plan.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

[bounces the ball to Damon]

It's in your court now.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I may start rolling tonight, depending on how I survive Trick or Treat...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/