Ch 3, Interlude 4: The Hunt for Phil

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Ch 3, Interlude 4: The Hunt for Phil

Post by NukeHavoc »

Nate wrote:Skender will straight up beg Clegg for assistance in getting some silvered weapons, if not to buy then to borrow for a fee if need be... But the need is great. Diplomacy roll to do this (using Charmer Rogue Talent to take the higher of 2 rolls):
“I like you kid. You’ve got moxie. A hell of a lot of moxie. It just so happens I do have four silver daggers, recently secured as a payment on an debt. Family heirloom or something. I was just gonna sell ‘em, but seeing as how you’ve got the need … and you can’t kill Saul if a fucking wererat eats your entrails … yeah, you can borrow ‘em.

Borrow you understand. This is a loan, not a gift.
Nate wrote:Skender's Knowledge(local) roll to know about wererats:
Growing up in Riddleport Skender’s long heard tales of a band of wererats that operates in the city’s sewers, Rotgut District and “Boneyard” (a saltwater marsh filled with the broken hulls of abandoned ships) It’s led by a rat named Ziphras. The gang’s independent – it’s not associated with any of the major crimelords in Riddleport, but its rumored that they freelance for some of them from time to time.
Jon wrote:Now, we all are going [Jheru, Skender, Tholyr, "Kevn", Kor - the party]. What about Samarantha - is she accompanying us? What about Kwava, is he? Jheru would ask them, and inquire as to what they bring to the party, so we can plan accordingly. of course, they are both welcome, and Samarantha is a firend, but Kwava is an unknown entity really, so we need him to be forthcoming.
Samaritha and Kwava will be joining the hunt for Phil.

Samararitha knows the following spells:

0—acid splash, detect magic, light, mending, message
1st—animate rope, mage armor, ray of enfeeblement, reduce
person (DC 14)
2nd—daze monster (DC 14), levitate, scorching ray

Kwava knows the way to the wererats lair, which is presumably where they are keeping Phil. The lair is in ruined hulk of the Twilight Wanderer, a cog that’s beached in the Boneyard.

The elven ranger has four potions of cure moderate wounds, two flasks of alchemist’s
fire, and 12 silver arrows. He is willing to share all of this with the party.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange