Ch 4, Interlude 5: Aftermath

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Ch 4, Interlude 5: Aftermath

Post by NukeHavoc »

The wererat gang was smashed in the Boneyard. Phillymondiuspartigan Jones has been rescued. You have been "fired" from your jobs at the Gold Goblin, and your former employer Saul Vancaskerkin clearly wants you dead for daring to pry into his finances.

The crimelord Clegg Zincher is a new ally, and eager for dirt on Saul's return to power. Another new ally is Kwava (aka Hawk Elf), an elven ranger who is also investigating Saul's unknown backers.

What are you doing next? Nate mentioned he can't make it this Sunday, so we could run a one-shot separate. This would be helpful in boosting your XP ahead of the confrontation with Saul. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Re: Ch 4, Interlude 5: Aftermath

Post by Jonkga »

Well, I'm not sure what our options are really. It seems to me we've painted ourselves into a corner here with this Saul thing, and that confrontation is likely to be sooner rather than later, especially if he is actively seeking our demise.

What are our options for other courses of action? (Anyone feel free to chime in here with ideas)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I think we're in a pretty stable position right now. Saul knows we're out there but he doesn't necessarily know where or what we're doing.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to investigate the blot, the cyphergate and/or the city?

Tholyr is going to take the opportunity to take to hawk-elf about the blot and nature and possible ranger training, other nature-based organization/resources in and around the city
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I think we're in a pretty stable position right now. Saul knows we're out there but he doesn't necessarily know where or what we're doing.
Right. At this point Saul's got a new crew in, which will presumably do some of the stuff the former junior management was doing (though likely not as was). If he's able to figure out where you are, he might send some goons to deal with you ... but he'd have to find you first. Plus, he might not want to do that because he'd be concerned that you'd launch your own offensive against him; goons in the field means less people back home defending the Gold Goblin.

Stable but tense seems like the best description to me. At some point, someone will make a move ... but probably not now.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:What are our options for other courses of action? (Anyone feel free to chime in here with ideas)
Doing a job for Clegg is a possibility (though perhaps not an attractive one). Further investigating the Blot, as Bob suggested, could be interesting. The Captain's Tea might yield some adventure hooks as well, as could Kwava.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Skender, at the very least, has committed himself to serving Clegg for the time being, so other than scouting out and keeping an eye on the smuggler tunnel entrance that Clegg told him about that leads under the Gold Goblin, he is open to whatever tasks Clegg may have for him.

Perhaps Skender and Freddie could team up for some caper or another while the rest of the party is in action doing whatever they decide to do this Sunday? Also, pursuing more of the mysteries of Calistria would be up his alley.