Chapter 10, Interlude 6: The Devil's in the Details

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 10, Interlude 6: The Devil's in the Details

Post by NukeHavoc »

After the heroes chased Depora Azrinae from the subterranean lair, she jumped on a schooner fleeing the city. The schooner – the Morning Star – is a small, fast moving ship, and was the first in the harbor to recover from the tidal wave.

Two other ships have already left the harbor:

The Black Bunyip, owned by Avery Slyeg, Riddleport’s most successful smuggler and black marketer (allegedly), was at sea when the tidal wave struck Riddleport, and thus was undamaged. It was able to quickly dock, take on supplies, and leave. It was this ship that brought word (via a few overeager – and highly talkative crewmen) that the meteorite made landfall at Devil’s Elbow.

The Mithril Wave: A dwarven trading ship which carried a contingent of their kinsmen, led by the renowned miner Goldhammer, to the island. Goldhammer’s expedition was apparently financed by Overlord Cromarcky himself.

After you return to the surface from Depora's lair, a hawk lands on Kwava's arm. The elf cocked his head toward the bird, and seemed to listen intently. He then explained that he has good news: his guild, the Shin'Rokorath wish him to learn more about this "dark elf", and are willing to pay for a ship to take them to Devil's Elbow.

There are several ships preparing to leave:

The Flying Cloud, captained by Josper Creesy. The Flying Cloud is a fast ship, renowned for holding the record for the Riddleport to Magnimar run. Creesy has openly declared that he's willing to take people to Devil's Elbow ... for the right price.

The Dark Pearl, the command ship for Clegg Zincher’s expedition. Most in Riddleport expressed surprise that Clegg even had a ship, and yet his men have been working double-time to move gear and supplies onto the vessel.

The Foamrunner is the Cypher Guild's ship and the vessel is almost ready to sail. Samaritha Beldusk volunteered for the expedition, and is eager to see Devil’s Elbow firsthand.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Re: Chapter 10, Interlude 6: The Devil's in the Details

Post by Lars Porsenna »

My vote is for either the The Dark Pearl or The Foamrunner. The former is Clegg's ship apparently, and keeping good with his patronage wouldn't be a bad thing. The latter might be a good way too, if Phil can work things on his end. Plus delivering fragments of the Cyphergate would be a trump card that'll cause his star to rise, I think...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Skender would be for going on whatever ship leaves first/gets us there first to catch Depora.

To stay on Clegg's good side, if the ship that we pick happens to not be his, Skender will explain to him that we're after a dark-skinned elf and her accomplices since we think she may be responsible for the blot/meteor in the first place (and would possibly have the knowledge to bring down more Sky Metal to the place of our choosing) , and not necessarily after the meteor itself. So, we would even be willing to cooperate with whatever team he sends, sharing intel etc.

Since Kwava/Shin'Rokorath are paying our way if we don't take Clegg's ship (and then be bound to serving Clegg's goal of simply recovering the Sky Metal), it kinda depends on how much they're willing to pay to get us on the Flying Cloud, or if we can convince the Cyphermages in time to allow us on the Foamrunner with Samaritha.

Skender is fine with whatever option...
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Regardless of what the real world schedule brings us, I'd like to strongly suggest that we not proceed with the next adventure without Lance. This stuff will be all about the Cyphergate and Lance's whole character concept revolves around the Gate and it's mysteries. And hitting on that 1/2 elf. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Does anyone have anything they want to do during the downtime? (scribe scrolls, get potions, whatever). You'll have a few days to do what you wish regardless of which ship you take.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Skender will ask Kwava to tell him more of this "Shin'Rokorath Guild" that he belongs to.

He will also talk to Clegg in private regarding which ship the group as a whole decides to take, and what he could do to assist Clegg should the party at large choose a different ship, as even though Skender is more interested in tracking down Depora, he still wants to help Clegg obtain the Sky Metal for all of his assistance in taking down Saul (and a cut of it's value, of course).
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:suggest that we not proceed with the next adventure without Lance. This stuff will be all about the Cyphergate and Lance's whole character concept revolves around the Gate and it's mysteries.
Well, technically Phil is interested in everything, but the Cyphergate is currently the shiniest object is his field of vision. Yesh, poop - unfortunately seems like every time I can't make it the plot explodes and the XP is double normal. No one's fault but mine.
EvilGenius wrote:Does anyone have anything they want to do during the downtime? (scribe scrolls, get potions, whatever). You'll have a few days to do what you wish regardless of which ship you take.
Phil will definitely be spending most of his time scribbling a few more scrolls. Need to read the synopsis before clarifying further.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer