Chapter 14, Interlude 7: Rust on the Wind

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 14, Interlude 7: Rust on the Wind

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:While Kor is out looking for Alchemist supplies, he's going to stop by an armorer and pick up a suit of leather armor. He's also going to offer anyone in the party the Bracers of Armor +1 he has, as he no longer needs them...
You are able to purchase the armor you're looking for at list price.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

FYI -- I've given everyone 400 xp for this interlude. Lance: This puts Phil at 5th level.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

NukeHavoc wrote: "We must always take our art with us," he says with another of his uncomfortable, overeager smiles. "But surely you will not leave without attending a meeting of the Brotherhood? Drathios will be presenting on the his latest experiments with wolfsbane as a tempering agent for those suffering from Lunar Instability Syndrome, and I'm sure the brothers would be eager to hear about your own research into Abberational Trait Grafting."
OOC: Ken I am NOT selling one of my hands again!!!

IC: "Yes, yes, I am eager to learn as much as I can of these arts. I shall attend, but tell me one thing..." Kor searches his memory to see if he know what the heck the Lunar Instability Syndrome is:

INT Check (cause he doesn't have knowledge local!): 17+3=20

Bluff Check (in case he DOESN'T know what it is, so he doesn't let on...): 5+6=11

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jheru's Shopping List
OK. Well, then. Jheru will approach Kolandril with a list of supplies and items desired to see if you can craft lots of them. If not, he will also ask Korlandril to point him towards shops/merchants/alchemical craftpeople in the city for him to shop from as well.
It's probably more a question of time than it is of money at this point. I recommend posting a grocery list of stuff you want to buy/have made, and then Damon can figure out how long it will take.

If he can't make it (or doesn't have time), then Berkman's Sundries will likely have whatever you are looking forward.
Also, it occurs to Jheru that we may want to hit up the mages or the Calistrians or someone for potions of waterbreathing if available, as fighting an aquatic tentacled horror could result in drowning... at the very least.
Elias Tammerhawk sees no reason to fund side adventures into sea monster hunting when there are more pressing issues like the end of the world to deal with, and rejects Phil and Sam's request for water-breathing potions.

Halder Berkman, however, does have such potions for sale. Indeed, he has a new formulation that he feels will work perfectly for such a brackish environment as the Velashu River. He'll sell you one for 650 gp (CL 6, lasts 12 hours).
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:IC: "Yes, yes, I am eager to learn as much as I can of these arts. I shall attend, but tell me one thing..." Kor searches his memory to see if he know what the heck the Lunar Instability Syndrome is:

Bluff Check (in case he DOESN'T know what it is, so he doesn't let on...): 5+6=11
Your best guess is lycanthropy of one form or another.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

NukeHavoc wrote:
Lars Porsenna wrote:IC: "Yes, yes, I am eager to learn as much as I can of these arts. I shall attend, but tell me one thing..." Kor searches his memory to see if he know what the heck the Lunar Instability Syndrome is:

Your best guess is lycanthropy of one form or another.
"...have you been able to create an extract of this affliction? It occurs to me this would be a ...worthy... avenue of study. Perhaps I will learn more at the meeting. I look forward to it..."

Damon.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

For gods sake, now Damon's going to be a friggin deathmetal, abberational werewolf/half-golem pseudo-bard!!!!
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Lars Porsenna wrote:"...have you been able to create an extract of this affliction? It occurs to me this would be a ...worthy... avenue of study. Perhaps I will learn more at the meeting. I look forward to it..."
"Alas, no. The tinture seeks merely seeks to alleviate -- or perhaps even temporarily suppress! -- the condition. It does not induce it. You will join us? Most excellent. I shall inform the Brothers."
erilar

Post by erilar »

Heh - some interesting developments. :D

Aside - when we eventually need to sacrifice a single mortal soul to stave off the end of the world, Phil unashamedly votes for Mr. Elias Tammerhawk...
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Too late, he already pawned it.
erilar wrote:Heh - some interesting developments. :D

Aside - when we eventually need to sacrifice a single mortal soul to stave off the end of the world, Phil unashamedly votes for Mr. Elias Tammerhawk...
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Tholyr is going to spend his time studying common monster weaknesses and immunities with Kwava. I'm also going to put together a list of things I'm going to need for an overland expedition and start shopping for gear. I'm also going to ask around for info on the black dragon. How long has he been around, what's his likely size, where is he seen most often, etc.

Also, I'd like to ask the death-elf/baby werewolf if he knows or can make any acid resistance salves.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

EvilGenius wrote:Tholyr is going to spend his time studying common monster weaknesses and immunities with Kwava. I'm also going to put together a list of things I'm going to need for an overland expedition and start shopping for gear. I'm also going to ask around for info on the black dragon. How long has he been around, what's his likely size, where is he seen most often, etc.

Also, I'd like to ask the death-elf/baby werewolf if he knows or can make any acid resistance salves.
"Such a substance is unknown to me. Perhaps some of my...associates...might know of such a thing..."

Damon.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yeah, I'm guessing we're going to have to buy horses. The good news is the Velashu Uplands are where the best horses in all of Varisia are bred, so we can likely get pretty good ones being in the nearest city.

Maybe even a supply wagon would be in order?

Ah, just like the good ol' days of adventuring on the open plains and bad guys to hunt down!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

NukeHavoc wrote:Jheru's Shopping List
OK. Well, then. Jheru will approach Kolandril with a list of supplies and items desired to see if you can craft lots of them. If not, he will also ask Korlandril to point him towards shops/merchants/alchemical craftpeople in the city for him to shop from as well.
It's probably more a question of time than it is of money at this point. I recommend posting a grocery list of stuff you want to buy/have made, and then Damon can figure out how long it will take.

If he can't make it (or doesn't have time), then Berkman's Sundries will likely have whatever you are looking forward.
Also, it occurs to Jheru that we may want to hit up the mages or the Calistrians or someone for potions of waterbreathing if available, as fighting an aquatic tentacled horror could result in drowning... at the very least.
Elias Tammerhawk sees no reason to fund side adventures into sea monster hunting when there are more pressing issues like the end of the world to deal with, and rejects Phil and Sam's request for water-breathing potions.

Halder Berkman, however, does have such potions for sale. Indeed, he has a new formulation that he feels will work perfectly for such a brackish environment as the Velashu River. He'll sell you one for 650 gp (CL 6, lasts 12 hours).
OK. Just for the record, Jheru isn't going to place any specific order or buy anything from either Korlandril or the creepy alchemist guy right now (read: in time for this adventure). And, given Korlandril's studious nature, and the general creepiness of these alchemy guys, Jheru is quite content to leave the learning of this "science" to them. He will no doubt buy some stuff from Korlandril in the future, but as for right now, not yet.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

So, river monster or horse and wagon after the dragon? I'm getting confused about what we have planned...
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost