Chapter 15: The Fishing Expedition

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 15: The Fishing Expedition

Post by NukeHavoc »

Experience

Active XP
Skender: 2700
Korlandril: 2700
Phil: 2700
Tholyr: 2700
Jorm: 2700
Emeryon Star-seeker: 2700
Jheru: 2000

Passive XP
Maturin : 2700
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 15: The Fishing Expedition

Post by NukeHavoc »

Treasure from Ruben Carfay
* Chain shirt of Shadow +2 (light armor, -2 armor check penalty, +5 to sneak)
* Cloak of Resistance +2
* Ring of Improved Swimming
* Folding Boat

Treasure from the Fiendish Octopus
* 5,000 gp worth of adamantine claw tips
* Fiendish skin spellbook with 6 spells:
- Expeditious Retreat
- Obscuring Mist
- Charm Person
- Cause Fear
- Chill Touch
- Sleep
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Kor would be most interested in Ring of Improved Swimming or the CLoak of Resistance +2

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Close... that's Besmara's Tiny Pirate Ship
*Folding Boat
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

5000gp of Adamantine is enough to make either a suit of Light Armor (5000gp, gives Damage Reduction 1/-), or 1 Weapon with a little left over (3000gp, bypasses hardness).
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ken, is the Chainmail normal material (ie, not Mithril)? Because medium armor with a -5 skill check penalty doesn't jive with my rogue abilities. :)

Assuming the armor is normal materials, I'd be interested in the Cloak of Resistance +2.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Ken, is the Chainmail normal material (ie, not Mithril)? Because medium armor with a -5 skill check penalty doesn't jive with my rogue abilities. :)

Assuming the armor is normal materials, I'd be interested in the Cloak of Resistance +2.
Sorry, I wrote that down wrong. It's a chain shirt +2 (light armor, -2 armor check penalty, +5 to sneak).

ken
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ahh, that changes things. I'm totally interested in the +2 chain shirt of shadows. :)
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I think we should sell the adamantine and compensate the two ship captains for their repairs and lost crew. Anything left over we can split.

One suit of light armor, or one weapon won't do much for us overall since it's only useful for sundering or granting DR 1/-, but 5000 gp will buy a lot of oaken planks, rope, sails, drunken sailors, and the good will of the captains whom we may need to call upon later for our river voyages.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

setanta14 wrote:I think we should sell the adamantine and compensate the two ship captains for their repairs and lost crew. Anything left over we can split.

One suit of light armor, or one weapon won't do much for us overall since it's only useful for sundering or granting DR 1/-, but 5000 gp will buy a lot of oaken planks, rope, sails, drunken sailors, and the good will of the captains whom we may need to call upon later for our river voyages.
Jheru seconds this idea.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

setanta14 wrote:I think we should sell the adamantine and compensate the two ship captains for their repairs and lost crew. Anything left over we can split.

Yeah, I'm okay with that. I'm going to need some ships in my future ..... :evil:
erilar

Post by erilar »

Maybe we should plan ahead and make Tholyr a matching adamantite hook and pegleg set... :lol:
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

erilar wrote:Maybe we should plan ahead and make Tholyr a matching adamantite hook and pegleg set... :lol:
Heh. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

So, yeah, Jheru's not interested in any of the treasure items, but will leave those for the rest of the party to divvy up.

He likes Skender's idea of using the adamantine claws to reimburse the ships captains for their losses - perhaps Jorm can find us a buyer willing to give us a good price through his dwarven connections, or Skender through his underworld ones. He will also personally thank the captains for their aid, and see if he can find any word on the relative safety of the harbor now that the monster is dealt with - wanting to ensure that the mission was a success. Also, he'll make sure the word gets out how the creature got to the harbor, how the party and the captains worked together to defeat it, etc. so the true word gets around.

So, I guess the next step is planning a mission to address the lizardmen/dragon and the Nolands bandits. Folks can continue their in town stuff, then we can galavant to the wilds. :)
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Skender: "Jheru, my good friend, I have made a deal <winks> that should make our wilderness adventures against the lizardmen and bandits somewhat easier. The dragon itself we will probably have to deal with on our own, but what I have done should allow us to be closer to full power for that impending battle..."