Ch 17, Interlude 10: The Pool of Death

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
Upweekis

Re: Ch 17, Interlude 10: The Pool of Death

Post by Upweekis »

We need to scout out the hall. Is there only one entrance? Holes in the roof? Perhaps someone could sneak in via the garderobe as others (the fighters) enter the front door?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:I'm not sure exactly which direction you want us to take here. I don't want you to tip your hand, but is this just a set-up for combat where you want us to pretty much get to the keep directly, or are we doing a more exploratory interlude/skill challenge type thing in getting to and scouting out the keep? I just ask to be sure we are giving you the sorts of responses you need during this interim so we are where we need to be for the next session.
I'd like to get things up to the point of combat (if there is one). We should be able to do all the sneaky, scouting stuff prior to the next encounter. So if you want to scout the keep, sneak into it, fly over it, whatever, please post your plans. We've got two weeks until our next face-to-face session, so it'd be nice to knock out what we can.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Another question: I assume the caravan we were with travelled on to their destination while we were fighting the dragon/giants, correct?

Jheru will say to the party:
I propose that we use the boat to scout around the pillars and archways of the crumbling bridges to ensure there isn't a lizardman outpost or secret entryway into the keep they may be able to use to ambush us. This may also give us another way to surprise the dragon.

I also think we should then move upriver on land, then take the boat across to get on land above the keep as Skender suggested, so we can see if there are more barbarians and/or lizardmen there where we can't now see them. Then we can approach the keep from there.

I say we then have those with some skill in stealth approach the keep and investigate the walls/crumbling towers to see if there are traps, etc. before we move inside.

Then, we should check out the Great hall, either by stealth or using other means (flying briefly was mentioned), and plan our assault/investigation of the Great Hall. Jorm, you mentioned a garderobe. I am not familiar with that term. Is that a way of entrance that may help us in this endeavour?
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Tholyr agrees. Tholyr gets out the Folding boat and gets ready to cross the river. When we're on the other side, Tholyr will go and scout ahead all super-stealthy-like.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Skender also agrees.

Just let us know when to make what kind of rolls... Perception, Stealth, Profession Sailor, etc.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'll post a DM response tonight.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

You launch the boat into the Velusha River, and Skender manages to sail you across to the other side, narrowly avoiding the crumbled remains of stone piers. As you pass by the broken remains of the bridge, you see a few fallen lizardmen, their bodies riddled with arrows.

Nearer to shore you see two human corpses bobbing in the water, one with its face horribly melted away to reveal a skull stained black. When you reach the pennisula that juts out between the two rivers, you find that the winds have died. The air barely stirs, and you find it is ripe with an acrid stench. This horrible smell, which causes even the dwarves to pause, is mixed with the sickly-sweet smell of decaying human and lizardmen flesh.

Everyone can make Perception checks. Those moving closer to the ruins of the keep (Tholyr? Skender? Jheru? Anyone else?) can make Stealth checks as well.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Perception Check: 11 + 9 = 20

Depending on the results of the Perception roll, Tholyr will Stealthily move closer to the keep.

Stealth Check: 1 + 19 = 20 :/
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Perception:
Roll(1d20)+11:
15,+11
Total:26 (28 for traps)

Stealth:
Roll(1d20)+10:
18,+10
Total:28
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Jheru:

Jheru will try to see what he can notice along with the others. Once we have exited the boat, he will take cover with those who will hang back and try to not be noticed while the stealthy folks (I assume Skender and Tholyr) scout ahead, ready to assist if they beckon.

Perception roll: 23 (15 on the die +8 skill modifier)

Stealth roll: 15 (8 on the die +7 skill modifier)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
erilar

Post by erilar »

Sorry I haven't been participating - never seem to have a character sheet handy when I get a chance to read the 'Crier, and as a result, I'm not sure what spells/skills Phil may have to offer.

We're playing this Sunday, right? At 5 pm? (I know, not the proper thread. Being lazy and posting where the traffic is...)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Sorry I haven't been participating - never seem to have a character sheet handy when I get a chance to read the 'Crier, and as a result, I'm not sure what spells/skills Phil may have to offer.

We're playing this Sunday, right? At 5 pm? (I know, not the proper thread. Being lazy and posting where the traffic is...)
Yes, Sunday at 5.
erilar

Post by erilar »

Have some of you been ordering food together, or has it been every gnome for himself?
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Every gnome for himself.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

I was considering hitting up Leaf at around 3pm before the game (cigar bar in Forks with a primo beer list and outdoor seating if you don't want to be around smoke).

Give me a hoot if you're interested:

http://www.leafcigarbar.com/