Mad Monkeys

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
setanta14

Mad Monkeys

Post by setanta14 »

Mad Monkeys

School conjuration (summoning); Level bard 3, druid 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, summoner 3

Casting Time 1 round

Components V, S, DF

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Effect swarm of monkeys

Duration 1 round/level

Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

You summon a swarm of screeching, mischievous monkeys. The swarm understands and obeys your commands and has the statistics of a monkey swarm. Creatures failing a saving throw against the mad monkeys' distraction attack are deafened for 1 minute as well as nauseated. The monkeys attempt one disarm or steal combat maneuver each turn as a free action against any creature that begins its turn in the swarm, using your caster level plus your casting ability score bonus (Intelligence for wizards; Wisdom for druids and oracles; Charisma for bards, sorcerers, and summoners) for its CMB. Recovering an item from the monkeys requires a successful disarm or steal attempt against that CMB + 10. An object stolen by the monkeys takes swarm damage each round the swarm is in possession of the object.
NukeHavoc

Re: Mad Monkeys

Post by NukeHavoc »

The stats for a monkey swarm can be found here (scroll down a bit)

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/addi ... imate.html

Per the spell, the monkeys should have been trying to disarm Skender and the Succubus, since they were both in the swarm's 10' cube.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yeah, or steal whatever else is on your person and destroy it (Swarm damage is done to stolen items, so they tear up scrolls, break potions, poop in your hoodie, etc.)
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

erilar

Post by erilar »

"Is that a monkey in your pants, or...?"

Yeah, my bad about the disarm part. That's why I asked you what the succubus was carrying, and I just ignored that effect since it didn't really matter. I just forgot about that part when Skender became involved.

You can see why I have held off on this spell. It's a little top-heavy, although still very useful and so very Phil-apropos. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer