Chapter 19, Interlude 13 - Hanging out in Crying Leaf

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
setanta14

Re: Chapter 19, Interlude 13 - Hanging out in Crying Leaf

Post by setanta14 »

No issues with any of Jheru's suggestions... but no getting up early for combat drills while we have some semi-downtime. Skender has a new wife to sleep in with, so that will all have to wait until after "morning prayers to Calistria".

Skender speaks Elven, but will pretend that he doesn't, not to outright spy on the elves, but in hopes of overhearing unguarded comments or conversations held within earshot to guage any hostility, criticisms, misunderstandings, or other useful tidbits.
erilar

Post by erilar »

setanta14 wrote:As long as Cutheric avoids becoming a demonic charm-monkey [again], we'll be fine.
The cure for which is, of course, more monkeys... :D

Really, this was not Cutheric's fault at all. The demoness simply knew that the big strong guys have the bad Will save. :)
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

erilar wrote:
setanta14 wrote:As long as Cutheric avoids becoming a demonic charm-monkey [again], we'll be fine.
The cure for which is, of course, more monkeys... :D

Really, this was not Cutheric's fault at all. The demoness simply knew that the big strong guys have the bad Will save. :)
Sorry nope. It was the bewbs...

Damon :P
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
erilar

Post by erilar »

LOL!
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Sorry I haven't been posting. I assume Tholyr is along with everyone in Crying Leaf?
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yes, Kaerishiel Neirenar snidely remarked that the dwarves were breathing so loud he could have shot them in the dark... it sounded nicer in Elven though.
EvilGenius wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting. I assume Tholyr is along with everyone in Crying Leaf?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Tholyr will ask around and find out who's the best elven scout in camp. Then he's going to challenge him/her to a friendly game of 'hide and seek' outside of Crying Leaf. I'll roam and see if he can track me, find me. Then I'll see if I can find him.

My relevant skills:
Knowledge: Nature: +10
Perception +13
Stealth +20
Survival +13 (tracking)

And heck, let's make it interesting. If I lose, I'll put up my Chain Shirt +1. If I win, what would the elves offer? :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

EvilGenius wrote:Tholyr will ask around and find out who's the best elven scout in camp. Then he's going to challenge him/her to a friendly game of 'hide and seek' outside of Crying Leaf. I'll roam and see if he can track me, find me. Then I'll see if I can find him.

My relevant skills:
Knowledge: Nature: +10
Perception +13
Stealth +20
Survival +13 (tracking)

And heck, let's make it interesting. If I lose, I'll put up my Chain Shirt +1. If I win, what would the elves offer? :)
In private, when he can, Jheru will express his exaspiration with Tholyr and his challenging attitude towards the elves. Seriously, this is just the sort of attitude that will end the world - if we can't get these elves to willingly assist us, we can't possibly stop an entire city of cave elves bent on destroying the known world. Would that you would have waited until *after* we save the world for such 'entertainments'. Hopefully, not much damage will have been done by this sport.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

In private, Tholyr will respond to Jeru that the elves don't seem to like us much to begin with. That attitude coupled with my superior dwarven heritage (wink) means that the odds of them trusting me are close to nil. BUT, if I demonstrate skills which they value, and I'm not a complete tool during the competition, then MAYBE they'll at least develop a grudging respect for me. After all, I am a ranger. We may have some points of commonality from which we can start building trust.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

EvilGenius wrote:In private, Tholyr will respond to Jeru that the elves don't seem to like us much to begin with. That attitude coupled with my superior dwarven heritage (wink) means that the odds of them trusting me are close to nil. BUT, if I demonstrate skills which they value, and I'm not a complete tool during the competition, then MAYBE they'll at least develop a grudging respect for me. After all, I am a ranger. We may have some points of commonality from which we can start building trust.
And I get that, and you of course need to follow your own mind in this, but I would implore you to be the better person in this, and try to avoid insults and antagonizing comments, and let your skills do the talking. As you say, many are already predisposed against us, and it is much easier to reinforce that than change it.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:And I get that, and you of course need to follow your own mind in this, but I would implore you to be the better person in this, and try to avoid insults and antagonizing comments, and let your skills do the talking. As you say, many are already predisposed against us, and it is much easier to reinforce that than change it.
I'll certainly avoid insulting them and I'll try to avoid antagonizing them. I just hope (for the sake of the world, no less!) that none of them fall down in front of me ..... ;)
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:I just hope (for the sake of the world, no less!) that none of them fall down in front of me ..... ;)
I was just going to make a joke about "no setting any trip-vine traps", but you beat me to the punch. :D
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

So, how are the days in Crying Leaf going? How are the elves reacting to us?

What are their reactions to:
-- Jheru's teas and conversation?
-- Phil's discussions with their mages?
-- Carlila and Star-seeker's assistance with their healers?
-- Skender's investigations of demon remains, elven injuries, damage to Crying Leaf, and conversations about encounters (and his dropping of eaves)?
-- Cutheric's work at the forges and conversations with elven smiths and craftsmen?
-- Tholyr's tracking challenges?
-- Jorm and his elven chain armor?
-- the general presence of our party in the camp, etc.?

[OOC: just curious if there's more to role-play through before this weekend.]
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:[OOC: just curious if there's more to role-play through before this weekend.]
If I have time. I've been hella busy this week with work.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

No worries - I certainly understand if not. I just have some free-time sitting around a hotel. ;)