Looking Ahead to Book 3.5

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Looking Ahead to Book 3.5

Post by NukeHavoc »

We are very close to the end of Book 3. I understand folks would like some downtime to craft magic items and such, and that will be easily doable. We'll also have some time for some non-drow adventures.

My question for you is ... Does anyone want to run something during this break between books? I could use a break from GMing for a month or so; I've been going non-stop with GMing responsibilities since we started Second Darkness, and I'd like a break. It's not essential - I can continue on, and I have some adventure ideas for the interim between book 3 and 4, but I thought I'd offer in case others wanted to cut their teeth on Pathfinder.

Let me know what you think.

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Lars Porsenna

Re: Looking Ahead to Book 3.5

Post by Lars Porsenna »

As much as I'd love to, I know crap all about it, and most of the stuff I run never seems to go off well.

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

I have very little GMing experience, but I can understand wanting a break to do some PCing. To that end, if there's a one-shot or two shot (aka a months break for you) that is user friendly, I wouldn't mind running something. The GM role itself is not unfamiliar ground, but like Damon, my PF experience is limited to the past few months. What I'd struggle with is the minutiae and behind the scenes work. However, PF modules seem pretty well set up, so it may not be much of an issue.

Plus, I've got hundreds of minis sitting around in storage. I probably owe it to them to stretch their legs on a real gaming table.

Worst case scenario, I run a terrible side quest and decide that the GM is struck by a Celestial Bus and everyone gains a level and fills their pockets with loot, roll d6.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

I don't really know much about the Pathfinder setting and I'm only passingly familiar with the rules. It would take a lot of work to get into DM'ing shape, so I'll probably stick to pc duties for now.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Ken, I'd be happy to take the reins so you can get a short respite, if that would help and folks would be ok with it. Sure, I'm a bit rusty at the GM-ing, but I've got the time and am in town more or less for now, so I think I could readily do this where others probably can't right now.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

I'll happily defer to Jon for GMing as I'd be pressed for prep time as it is. The offer stands in the future as well.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
erilar

Post by erilar »

Depending on just how long of a break Ken is talking about, and Jon and Tom's participation, I might be interested in running something short as well.

Free time would limit me to a pre-prepared module, and possible it might be a stand-alone (non-Second Darkness), but FWIW.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Whomever is DM, as always I'll try my best to attend whenever there is a game. That's as much of a commitment as I can make for the time being.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

erilar wrote:Free time would limit me to a pre-prepared module, and possible it might be a stand-alone (non-Second Darkness), but FWIW.
Lance if you're going to pick up one of Paizo's modules check with me first. I have all of them for the first few years of Pathfinder. You can borrow them (or I'll sell you the copy for cheap if you want). Same offer goes for anyone else. I spent the money so I'd rather see them used than collecting dust on my shelf.

(And obviously my lack of attendance prevents me from running anything.)