Chapter 26: The Observatory, Part 1

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 26: The Observatory, Part 1

Post by NukeHavoc »

Active XP: 2700

* Gavin
* Jheru
* Skender
* Cutheric
* Phil
* Jorm
* Emeryon Star-seeker

Inactive XP: 1350

* Tholyr
* Maturin

Treasure

* Crusher (Heavy Mace +1)
* Mithral Shirt (x6)
* Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (x4)
* Death Needle (Rapier +1)
* Wand of Acid Arrow (CL3, 9 charges)
* Scroll of Glitter Dust (CL3)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 26: The Observatory, Part 1

Post by NukeHavoc »

The heroes made their way to the the Observatory, where they found a huge demon called a hezrou and a small swarm of dretches patrolling the building's perimeter. They also saw two of the "echo elves" standing guard at the entrance. These elves seemed oblivious to the demons, save to tell them to "move along".

The party waited for the demons to pass around the back of the building, then advanced on the door. There they spoke with the guards, who told them the Observatory was closed, and that they should go back to their domiciles and prepare for the end of times. The heroes explained that an Azlant mage had given them important information that needed to be conveyed to the elven researchers in the Observatory. The guards initially balked at the mention of the Azlant, whose arrogance they they claimed were responsible for the impending devastation, but then let the heroes in.

They opened the door and discovered a dining hall filled with drow. A massive melee erupted, with the heroes using a web spell to constrain the drow's movement and a confusion spell to neutralize their mental facilities. Soon after a huge, enraged troglodyte emerged from an adjoining room to join the fight. As the battle raged, the demons returned to the door. The quick-thinking gnome Phil cast an illusion of a room as the demons expected to see it; with drow lounging and eating their dinner. The demons were confused -- they could hear sounds of a fight -- but Phil had the lead "drow" explain this away as the trog being rambunctious.

The demons were outraged by the drow's inability to do real work, and declared they would confront Nolveniss, the drow leader, about this. The fake drow declared that he would be willing to go to Nolveniss with the demon, but only after finishing dinner. The demon reluctantly agreed, and turned to leave, closing the doors as he did so. Phil quickly locked the doors, an action the demon heard. The creature turned and demanded to know what was going on, and began banging on the door.

Meanwhile the fight inside the Observatory continued. The heroes were able to defeat the drow and their trog slave, taking one of the dark elves prisoner. The sword Winter declared it approved this course of action, as Jorm needed a new servant to aid in the quest to rule the North (Kjor having died earlier).

The fight is now over. The demon is pounding on the doors, which don't look like they'll hold for too much longer.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Is there anything else special about this rapier, or is it named just for flavor?
* Death Needle (Rapier +1)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:Is there anything else special about this rapier, or is it named just for flavor?
Now would I ever name something just for flavor?

:twisted: