Last session recap

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
Jonkga

Last session recap

Post by Jonkga »

Ken, I know you are busy, but when you have a chance, if you could post a recap of last session, it would be great. There are a great deal of cave elf names and such coming up, and having those written out would be a great help for moving things along online between sessions a bit.

As for a basic recap - here's what I recall (everyone feel free to add anything they remember/I missed):

We were transformed into drow. We went through the gate, playing the pursued survivors of the surface battle. The guardians there seemed to buy the act, and the gate was shut down from above after we were through.

We traveled to the drow city with a merchant and some guards, both from different houses than ours. We learned that our house is in decline due to the surface failure, and has even left the city. The merchant was eager to curry favor and have us join his house. The guards were more condescending, but after battling gibbering mouthers, they reluctantly agreed that we might be able to join their house.

After getting to the city, we tried to get our bearings. We saw all sorts of debauchery. Eventually, we sent a message to our house so that we could follow the messenger and find the house. We learned that the houses seem to be in the upper section of the city, and are currently headed to the city's central spire to ascend there to get to our house.

Jheru has some ideas about how to proceed, but is wary of speaking too much out in public. He is encouraging the group to make getting to the house a priority. Hopefully there we can learn more about what exactly has befallen the house, and plan our next moves in relative security.

An OCC question:
We are here to try to stop an impending Starfall. Does our information indicate that our house causes the Starfall, or is it possible another house does? This will be important for determining our next steps.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Re: Last session recap

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:We are here to try to stop an impending Starfall. Does our information indicate that our house causes the Starfall, or is it possible another house does? This will be important for determining our next steps.
All evidence points to House Azrinae (your house). It was Depora Azrinae who extracted off a piece of the Cyphergate in Riddleport, which was used by the drow mage Nolveniss to create the Armageddon Echo. Based on the extensive research papers and journal entries you recovered from Nolveniss's lair in the ancient elven observatory, it's clear that his patron was Allevrah Azrinae. This is the high matriarch of your house (based on the conversations you've had since coming to the city. In addition, it was primarily House Azrinae that was fighting the battle in Celwynvian.

The only other drow name you encountered in the surface world was Shindiira Misraria, whose journal told of the romantic conflict between herself and Depora Azrinae as the competed for the attention of Nolveniss. Her journals also recounted her murder of Depora on Devil's Elbow; you encountered no sign of this drow in the Echo.

I'll post information about the various drow NPCs you encountered this weekend.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Ken, I know you are busy, but when you have a chance, if you could post a recap of last session, it would be great. There are a great deal of cave elf names and such coming up, and having those written out would be a great help for moving things along online between sessions a bit.
I've created a Zirnakaynin page in the wiki that includes all of the NPCs you've met or heard of in your short time in the city. I think this is what you were looking for; if there's something I haven't addressed, please let me know.

http://wiki.griffcrier.com/index.php?title=Zirnakaynin
Jonkga wrote:As for a basic recap - here's what I recall (everyone feel free to add anything they remember/I missed):
I don't have anything to add, I think that sums it up pretty accurately.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Thanks much, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Another question: how much are we going to be able to do on the forums this week, or are we going to pick up exactly where we left off last time?
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Jonkga wrote:Thanks much, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Another question: how much are we going to be able to do on the forums this week, or are we going to pick up exactly where we left off last time?
I'm hoping to kick off another interlude thread, but I don't know how much time I'll have to support it. I'm spending today working on campaign stuff because I really need to relax, drink beer, and write. :)
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

I'm spending today working on campaign stuff because I really need to relax, drink beer, and write.
Eagerly anticipating the day I can speak these words, as I will either have achieved galactic spiritual enlightenment, or death and (somehow) heaven.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ahh, Menzoberranzen ... :)

In college, Maylock DM'd a campaign in the Realms and we went underground and did an entire series of drow adventures (featuring different drow houses, treachery and intrigue). I don't actually recall a whole lot of the adventures except that we all had a friggin blast with them. :)

(In those days I was playing Kinthalen, an elvish ranger/mage. Ahh how things change.)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

No, this is where we are, Zirnakaynin
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Really? My mistake. It looks like an old picture of Drizzt's home city.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

This is Erelhei-Cinlu, the prototype for all others

Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Did we earn any xp for this session, or was it more of a prelude/setup session?
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Active XP

Inactive XP