A word from Jheru and his player

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
Jonkga

A word from Jheru and his player

Post by Jonkga »

So, first of all, as a player, I want to apologize to the rest of the folks at the table. I know that I got a bit carried away last session in terms of confronting some of the NPCs. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think a good bit of it has to do with my frustration as a player in this situation where I feel like our characters don't know nearly enough about where they are and what they are doing. Not the DMs fault or a problem with the adventure, I don't think, just my reaction to it.

So, I am going to try not to continue to do this. I don't like how it is playing out.

In character, expect Jheru to take some time to recover from his torture at the hands of the drow - expect him to be a bit taciturn and withdrawn for a while. He may not take a lead role when speaking, etc. for a bit. Probably not forever, but just as he works to recover from the physical abuse and mental disorientation he's suffered. Certainly he will continue to talk to/work with the party, its just that others may need to draw his contributions out of him for a while, and expect him to be more forthcoming out of the eyesight and earshot of the drow and other NPCs.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Re: A word from Jheru and his player

Post by EvilGenius »

I think I should apologize, too. I monopolized a lot of play time on Sunday and I know it's difficult for everyone to schedule gaming time. Sorry about that.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Jon and Bob, there's nothing to be sorry for. In context of the game, we're all just trying things out as they are presented to us. The three of us pushed the wrong pressure points to advance the story, we paid the price. I agree that can be frustrating when OOC we all have limited time to game, but it's worth the trial and error for when we eventually solve the puzzle...and that is how I view this part of the campaign.

Bob, you were fighting Death. Kind of climactic. That s*^t takes time. I mean, how many times do we as players get to enjoy/suffer the temptation of the Deck of Many Things? I totally appreciate that you were aware that we were on the sidelines, but...Death!
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

I didn't have a problem with it. I thought it was fun as I watched you 3 dig yourself deeper into the pit... :D

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/