Dancing Weapon

Discussions relating to the Paizo adventure Path.
EvilGenius

Dancing Weapon

Post by EvilGenius »

In Pathfinder, dancing weapons attack with the character's base attack bonus (including iterative attacks). The weapon also occupies the same square as the character and moves with the character, even if the character moves via magic (ie. fly, dimension door, teleport, etc). Thus, a dancing weapon cannot provide flank.

So the Short Sword we found could still be useful. Thuyr is interested in taking the sword as a treasure pick, even with the Vicious "trait".

For those not there, we found a +3, Dancing, Vicious Shortsword.

If I'm reading the rules correctly, it will give me an additional 3 attacks per round at +23/+18/+13 and do 3d6 damage per hit while I suffer 1d6 damage per hit. So if I hit someone all 3 times they will take 9d6+9 and I would suffer 3d6 from the Vicious quality. I can live with that (for a few rounds, anyway). :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Re: Dancing Weapon

Post by NukeHavoc »

For the record, the weapon is Draknokdir, +3 dancing, vicious shortsword ("Dancing doom of death" in the derro-warped version of the dwarven language).
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Re: Dancing Weapon

Post by EvilGenius »

And if I use the Bane Baldric to temporarily give the Short Sword the Bane ability vs what I'm fighting, then it would be 3 attacks at +25/+20/+15 and do 15d6+15 damage. And I'd still only take 3d6. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!