Episode 8: Night of Ruin

"There are things that go bump in the night ... and we are the ones who bump back."
NukeHavoc

Episode 8: Night of Ruin

Post by NukeHavoc »

What has come before

A gala celebrating the new “Eye of Kilquato” exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art ended in screams, blood, and destruction as a group of would-be thieves used the event as a cover to steal rare Egyptian artifacts. The Wardens, who were the guests-of-honor at the event, managed to stop the heist. They killed all but one of the attackers in a brutal gunfight that saw numerous Egyptian artifacts damaged or destroyed.

The Wardens have quickly gone over the fallen thieves and found no identification, though they did find lock picks, crowbars and other tools of their nefarious trade. Alistair Sebastian Cadwalader Martindrake III did find one item of note in the pocket of the gang’s leader: a gold figurine of a goat. The figurine is well-worn, with many of its finer details smoothed away by constant handling.

The gala goers, shocked by the gunfight unfolding nearby, are fleeing the museum. The Met’s guard staff is completely overwhelmed by the panic and ensuing stampede. Distant police sirens can be heard through the broken skylight, but the Egyptian wing itself is eerily quiet in the aftermath of the gunfight...
Attachments
gold-goat.jpg
gold-goat.jpg (18.82 KiB) Viewed 4321 times
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Episode 8: Night of Ruin

Post by NukeHavoc »

XP

* McGinnis: 3 xp
* Rikard: 3 xp
* Andrew: 3 xp
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Ken (and everyone), is there any objection to me tweaking my character a bit? I'd like to drop several skills (namely Climb, Swim, Stealth and Knowledge Ancient History). I'd just like to have a tighter character build, otherwise it will take me 8 more raises to be competent in all of my stuff!! :D
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm ok with adjustments (since we're all still learning Savage Worlds) but I'd caution against getting *too* focused. e.g. Stealth and Ancient Knowledge could come in very handy, particularly when our arcana/history focused PCs are unavailable.

What are you looking to bump up? Fighting and Throwing?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

If I adjust, at the same XP, I'd have Fighting d10, Investigation d8, Notice d6, Persuasion d6, Streetwise d8, Taunt d6 and Throwing d8. I would also have the Acrobat Edge, which is in his background but which I hadn't purchased yet.

I can see Stealth and Ancient History being useful but they are d4's currently, and I'm not sure how much I want to spend to advance them. Archie already has a high Stealth die with the +2 bonus for the Thief Edge and the +1 bonus from his Switchblade. We have Nate's Atlantean Truther for mystical stuff and history, plus the Wardens can call upon various experts for consultation. We also have the Bookmark for Historical Lore, and Rikard is still fluent in several ancient languages and Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

I'd like to take a few more Combat Edges as we level up and maybe the Jack-of-All-Trades Edge, which would allow me to make all untrained Smarts based skills at d4 instead of d4-2.

I think the build I'm going for is more "the guy who can find out anything" rather than "the guy who knows everything".
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:I think the build I'm going for is more "the guy who can find out anything" rather than "the guy who knows everything".
I think that makes sense.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

The full adventure write-up is up on Weird Pulp:

http://griffcrier.com/weirdpulp/2014/06 ... t-of-ruin/