Weird Pulp: Where to Next?

"There are things that go bump in the night ... and we are the ones who bump back."
NukeHavoc

Weird Pulp: Where to Next?

Post by NukeHavoc »

We're ten episodes into the Weird Pulp campaign and at a good pause point with the defeat of the Cult of Grand Benevolence (yes, they had a name) and the horror they unleashed in Queenston, NY.

Based on last night's session it looks like everyone's enjoying the campaign and the Savage Worlds rules and would like to continue the adventures of the Wardens. With that in mind, the big question for me becomes ... does someone else want to run an adventure arc? If I recall correctly, a few people had expressed an interest, so I thought I'd ask before plunging into the next episode.

As far as where the Wardens go from here, I've been kicking around ideas for more international adventures. The group has proven themselves a few times over at this point, so it's only logical that the Wardens would start giving them the plum (and, ahem, even more dangerous) assignments.

What would you (and/or your characters?) like to do next?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Re: Weird Pulp: Where to Next?

Post by EvilGenius »

I'd certainly like to continue Savage Worlds. I don't know that I have any ideas for running adventures, though. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
erilar

Post by erilar »

I would be way too unreliable to run anything.

As to settings, I would recommend exotic/mystical/sinister locales such as Egypt, Baghdad, Morocco, native settlements and/or ruins in the Americas, the US Northwest (wilderness), India, Nepal, San Fran or NYC Chinatown, New Orleans swamps, South Pacific islands, or the arctic.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:As to settings, I would recommend exotic/mystical/sinister locales such as Egypt, Baghdad, Morocco, native settlements and/or ruins in the Americas, the US Northwest (wilderness), India, Nepal, San Fran or NYC Chinatown, New Orleans swamps, South Pacific islands, or the arctic.
I have a globe trotting sort of campaign arc (or rather arcs) in mind, though frankly I'm intrigued by the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" idea and the Atlantian miner we encountered on Sunday (See also: The Clarksville Cave: http://www.necaveconservancy.org/preser ... 991map.gif) :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Maybe that's where Amelia Earhart got to when her aeroplane went through a dimensional vortex connecting the Devil's Triangle in the Pacific with the Bermuda Triangle in the Atlantic on the other side of the Earth, but ran out of vril energy, and so was trapped inside with the descendants of Atlantean survivors.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

NukeHavoc wrote:
erilar wrote:As to settings, I would recommend exotic/mystical/sinister locales such as Egypt, Baghdad, Morocco, native settlements and/or ruins in the Americas, the US Northwest (wilderness), India, Nepal, San Fran or NYC Chinatown, New Orleans swamps, South Pacific islands, or the arctic.
I have a globe trotting sort of campaign arc (or rather arcs) in mind, though frankly I'm intrigued by the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" idea and the Atlantian miner we encountered on Sunday (See also: The Clarksville Cave: http://www.necaveconservancy.org/preser ... 991map.gif) :)

Really? The Clarksville Cave? My boy scout troop went spelunking there numerous times when I was a kid. :)
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost