Episode 17: The Teacher

"There are things that go bump in the night ... and we are the ones who bump back."
NukeHavoc

Episode 17: The Teacher

Post by NukeHavoc »

The Teacher is defeated ... but the Student is lost. The Wardens Against the Twilight of Humanity confronted the Teacher, the agent of Enlightenment who shaped much of Rikard Greystone's life, killing his parents and leading him along a path of suffering meant to teach him the hardest of life's lessons. The slew the arcane master in his lair at Snake Castle in Turkey. His final words were "The Oracle. The Librarian. They will succeed where I ahve failed. And Rickard ... will be my greatest student.

In the aftermath the Wardens waited for Rickard and his kidnappers to reach Snake Castle for their presumed rendezvous with the Teacher ... but they never did.

After mopping up the few remaining soldiers of the Reptilian Order - the Teacher's personal guard -- the Wardens discovered the Enlightenment leader's personal office and the following trove of information inside:

Personal Documents of the Teacher: The heroes discover the teacher's true identity: Hans Glauser, Trainer of the New Order, Teacher of the Arcane, Elder of the Enlightenment.

A locked steel box: This heavy steel box appears to have an exceedingly good lock built into it.

Map of Africa: A heavily forested and mountainous area with a large lake. Further analysis determines this is near the the headwaters of the Nile; the lake is Lake Victoria.

Map cases: There are several map cases that contain maps of the Pacific, each with references and scrawled shorthand notes indicating "lost kingdoms" and "forgotten islands". It's all rumor and speculation, but it points to the Enlightenment trying to find some sort of island in the South Pacific.

A strange notebook: A thick, leather-bound notebook filled with notes in a language none of you understand. It is filled with sketches of arcane symbols, maps of buildings, caverns, subterranean complexes, and coast lines you don't recognize.

A dozen thin notebooks: Also written in a language you don't understand but with section of text identified by a unique number.

A battery-powered radio with handset: Two stars etched in silver appear upon the radio's wooden case.

In addition, the Teacher was wearing:

Snakeskin gloves: Crafted from viper skin and smooth as silk. Your eyes practical slide off them when you try and examine them closely.

An amulet: The amulet consists of a large ruby nestled in a steel setting inlaid with gold. The amulet is connected to a necklace of steel chains, each link similarly inlaid with gold. A faint light flickers in the depths of the gem.

A silk belt: A belt of Far Eastern style featuring ghostly figures outlined in silver thread against black fabric.

A demonic longsword: Demonic iconography is acid etched into the blade of this wickedly sharp weapon.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Episode 17: The Teacher

Post by NukeHavoc »

XP:

* Alistair Sebastian Cadwalader Martindrake III +4 xp (advancement available)
* McGinnis +4 xp (advancement available)
* Andrew Buchanan +4 xp (advancement available)
* Richard Shen +4 xp
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange