Quirin's Journal Entries

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
EvilGenius

Quirin's Journal Entries

Post by EvilGenius »

Something new and disturbing has arisen. A nearby wizard, Chebka, has … transformed … into something. Something monstrous.

Chebka lived in secret in a secluded town in the Fellreev, Farweald. The town does not tolerate magic due to their checkered past, so he had to study in secret, always fearful of discovery. I believe that fear and secrecy led him to the Whispered One, the foul lich, Vecna.

I don’t know what profane ritual transformed Chebka into the form I observed, nor do I know if he voluntarily transformed or was instead cursed by whom he sought to serve. But whatever the cause, I fear he is now beyond redemption.

The form I saw him in was a twisted parody of a man, with one huge eye dominating its head. When I confronted him he was able to use telepathy to communicate with me. He saw more deeply into my mind than I was prepared for, but I also saw into his. Unfortunately there wasn’t much to see in him beyond an insatiable thirst for secret magical lore, secrets of any kind, really. And magical items.

The thing was slavering and incoherent, clearly driven mad by its transformation. In time, perhaps his mind will stabilize, but who knows what he will be then. I think fragments of Chebka’s personality are still inside of him, but it remains to be seen how much.

For now, I’ve imprisoned the creature and given him a guardian who should be immune to Chebka’s foul abilities. When I get the chance I will try my best to help the pitiful wretch. There may yet be a way to undo his curse.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
EvilGenius

Re: Quirin's Journal Entries

Post by EvilGenius »

I’ve been out and about again. This time I went down into Tenh, to Wottan. It’s a smallish town, sleepy, but it does see a good amount of trade traffic, which makes it a decent place to get news and people watch.

I met a young musician there, Naziah. He is a human, but he was already quite skilled with the pipes and the lyre. His musical talent, impressive as it was, was overshadowed by his fundamentally good nature. He is optimistic, open and loyal. I will check up on him in a few years and see how he’s matured. In the meantime I’ll keep an eye open for tasks that may suit him.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!