HoD Online 12/23

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
EvilGenius

HoD Online 12/23

Post by EvilGenius »

Everyone except Lance have already confirmed they're in (and Lance is confirmed out). Question is, what does the party want to tackle next?

The tasks before you are:
1) Shining Justice/Mordai/The Oracle - camped at Lucky Break, at which is Mordai's open SoulPortal.
2) Go back to Farweald and try and root out The Master's remaining servants. You don't have a lot of leads on that.
3) Try and find that abandoned elven village which seems to be tied to Quarion (a crystal bowl from the village is something that Quarion recognized as being his from your previous lives).
4) Try and find the Singing Pools.

Metagaming for a moment, those are pretty much the final things to do before the big finale with The Master, which is going to be it's own Huge Thing.

Metagaming for one more moment, out of the current players, Brigga, Onarra and Jareth have now closed their portals. You know where Modai's portal is (Lucky Break). You haven't gotten any info on Quarion or Bannock's SoulPortals yet, butttt:

* The Oracle mentioned an open portal at "WolfDen" (you've just closed Splish Splash)
* Quarion seems to maybe be tied to the abandoned elven village
* There's an additional forest encounter location that you haven't ever followed up on, the Singing Pools.

So, what does everyone want to tackle this week? :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
NukeHavoc

Re: HoD Online 12/23

Post by NukeHavoc »

"It's obvious. We need to force the confrontation with the Master. To do that, we need to close portals. Lucky Break is the next portal ... so we should go there." - Brigga.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Lucky Break does seem logical, but we don't have Modai, and Shining Justice may complicate things.

Anyone know if it is possible to close a portal without the person whose soul is tied to it?

And, one of the Shining Justice folks was a mage who was summoning things, could be problematic.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:Lucky Break does seem logical, but we don't have Modai, and Shining Justice may complicate things.

Anyone know if it is possible to close a portal without the person whose soul is tied to it?

And, one of the Shining Justice folks was a mage who was summoning things, could be problematic.
The Oracle's Journal certainly seemed to imply that The Oracle had recruited Mordai and that they were going to go to Lucky Break to evaluate an alliance with Shining Justice. So maybe Mordai is there already? You haven't seen Mordai around Farweald the last few times you've been there ....

Regarding portals, you do know that other creatures have all been attuned to your SoulPortals. Whether or not those other creatures could close them hasn't been explored. :)
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Also, Shining Justice's bard was killed, and last we knew, Dapple and Owan the barbarian we're both in jail.

So, perhaps the time is right to confront the remaining members while their party is still split.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Modai is Damon's character right? And we haven't seen him in weeks/months of game time, so that's another reason to head to Lucky Break and at least scout it out.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Modai is Damon's character right? And we haven't seen him in weeks/months of game time, so that's another reason to head to Lucky Break and at least scout it out.
That is correct. Mordai, of the House of K’Sograh, is Damon’s tiefling warlock. His patron was his fiendish grandmother. In your previous lives, he was a cleric of Ruud, the Oeridian goddess of Luck. Mordai’s family retainer, Master Masek, is in Farweald. That’s the academic who gave you a few hints about Brigga’s blank book and gave a few locations for the dwarven mine that turned out to be Brigga’s stronghold.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

So we can certainly head off to Lucky Break this week. But, uhmm, do you guys want to prepare anything? Or like, make any plans? If not, that’s cool too, but, ummm .... the might be rough. On you. And like, continuing to be all alive and stuff.

Just putting it out there. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I say we take off and nuke 'em from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

To Bob's point, I had him put the map of lucky break up on roll20 in case anyone wants to reference it before our next session.

Bannock will point out to the party that our last fight against Shining Justice was not exactly a cake walk, and perhaps a plan of sorts would be a good thing. Is there any amongst us that is a tactician?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote: Is there any amongst us that is a tactician?
Me, Me!!

Oooooooooohhhhh ..........
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Also, to the spellcasters among the party, Bannock will ask if people have spells that can dispell, counter, buff us, debuff them, etc.

They will likely have all sorts of advantages in place, as they called us to this spot. What do we have that can help turn the tide in our favor?
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Brigga has Counterspell. She also has Hold Person, which is hit or miss, but can be good against someone with a low Wisdom save.

Other potentially helpful spells for research include:

* Contact Other Plane
* Scrying
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Spell research will take a while, but Quarion can prepare and cast Clairvoyance, which is pretty similar to scry ...
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

In terms of scrying we can't scry a location, only a person.

In terms of people to scry, Brigga wants to start with Mordai, since she knows him best.

After that, we have:

1) Erbard of Pholtus - reportedly a knight who follows Pholtus. Erbard has been revealed to be a conman. Class or classes unknown?
2) Elaidha, 'The Pure' - a skilled herbalist. Revealed to be a cleric of Pyremius, the Lord of Poison and Flame.
3) Pembrooke - a sage/researcher of some sort. Revealed to be some sort of arcane spell caster with some affiliation to fiends. Warlock? Wizard?

Brigga suggests scrying each of them in turn, in the order given above. Scrying the Oracle seems like a bad idea, given its arcane aptitudes.