HoD Online 12/23

The 5th Editon playtest campaign.
Upweekis

Re: HoD Online 12/23

Post by Upweekis »

I like the idea of spying on them ahead of time. It'd be great to catch one of them apart from the others to even the numbers. I can dispel magic, I have true seeing, scrying, and clairvoyance (I could put an invisible sensor in a location familiar to me and see and hear from it) from 1 mile away. It only lasts 10 minutes but we could do it after we locate someone or an object associated with that person. Finally, I could prepare a heroes feast which gives a bunch of benefits 9immunity to poison and being frightened, advantage on Wisdom saving throws, and a bump in hit points) that last for 24 hours.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Hero's feast is awesome, but I'm pretty sure we don't have the bowl required to cast it (unless Bob is willing to hand waive that).

Scrying and Clairvoyance both sound smart. If scrying on the Oracle is a bad idea, and we have the means and materials, you could add Blueberry, the Oracle's bodyguard to the end of that list if we feel it necessary, as he would probably be nearby the Oracle.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:In terms of scrying we can't scry a location, only a person.

In terms of people to scry, Brigga wants to start with Mordai, since she knows him best.

After that, we have:

1) Erbard of Pholtus - reportedly a knight who follows Pholtus. Erbard has been revealed to be a conman. Class or classes unknown?
2) Elaidha, 'The Pure' - a skilled herbalist. Revealed to be a cleric of Pyremius, the Lord of Poison and Flame.
3) Pembrooke - a sage/researcher of some sort. Revealed to be some sort of arcane spell caster with some affiliation to fiends. Warlock? Wizard?

Brigga suggests scrying each of them in turn, in the order given above. Scrying the Oracle seems like a bad idea, given its arcane aptitudes.

Ok. Casting Scry on Mordai:

You see Mordai in a stone chamber. Near him is one of the stable portals that you have become acquainted with. You can see that the portal is open, and beyond you can see a land of fire, with ornate metal buildings capped with onion shaped domes. As you watch, Mordai stands before the portal and raises his hand toward it. After a moment of concentration, the scene beyond the portal flickers and changes. Now you clearly see a blasted hellscape beyond the portal. Mordai lowers his hand as a terrifying figure steps through the portal. Your scry spell abruptly ends.

Casting on Erbard:
You see Erbard walking slowly in front of a row of three cells. From your vantage point you can see that there is a dirty elven woman dressed in rags in one cell and a similarly destitute looking elven man in another cell. After a moment, Erbard strides to a heavy door and leaves the short hallway, closing and locking the door behind him. Erbard climbs the stairs beyond and emerges in the Courtyard of Lucky Break, then your spell expires.

Casting on Elaidha:
You see Elaidha is in a small bedchamber, writing in a new journal. She does that for the entire duration of the spell.

Casting on Pembrooke:
You see Pembrooke pouring over a stack of books. You can just make out some of the titles and they appear to be treatises on law, logic and rhetoric. He does that for the duration of the spell.
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:What do we have that can help turn the tide in our favor?
Well, the PCs did also recently recover two very powerful defensive magical items .... ;)
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Also, people may want to look over ALL of their magical items, not just the ones that they are attuned to. I know there are a few items that don't generally get used in play but might be useful for the upcoming adventure.
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

"To Lucky Break, then. If we're not raising allies for the coming confrontation with the Master, then let's remove his conspirators. Less rats in the wall the better."

-Onarra has the Force Cube as well as her Fey Deck of Illusions ready to go. Lil Buddy (and his Master Amulet) are with the Hammerheart twins. If we're not stopping in Farweald before dealing with Shining Justice, then there they will stay.

Spell-wise, she's still coming to grips with mother nature. Pass without trace is probably the only real pre-game arcane assistance she can lend. You know, and talking to animals on the way in.

Onarra: "That Erbrand's a real piece of work, amiright?"
Squirrel: "Nuts?"
Onarra: "See, the squirrel gets it!"
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:Hero's feast is awesome, but I'm pretty sure we don't have the bowl required to cast it (unless Bob is willing to hand waive that).
Well, you do have the bowl that Bern Haupt gave Quarion, which is the one that Quarion recognized from his former life and came from the abandoned elven village. It would serve as the material component of Hero's Feast. However, the bowl is consumed in the casting, so I don't know if you want to do that. A 'gem encrusted bowl worth at least 1,000 gp' sounds like something that you could get at Haupt's Wonders, if you wanted to preserve Quarion's bowl.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Brigga grumbles. "I hate the thought of hoofing it all the way back to Farweld just to pick up some stupid bowl, but if it helps us kick Shining Justice's butt ... I'm ok with it."

Ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Brigga grumbles. "I hate the thought of hoofing it all the way back to Farweld just to pick up some stupid bowl, but if it helps us kick Shining Justice's butt ... I'm ok with it."

Ken

Lol, that’s the spirit!
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

NukeHavoc wrote:Brigga grumbles. "I hate the thought of hoofing it all the way back to Farweld just to pick up some stupid bowl, but if it helps us kick Shining Justice's butt ... I'm ok with it."

Ken
Onarra will stop in on the HH twins and retrieve Lil' Buddy.
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Ken

Bannock:

"Farweald is never a quick stop - do we really need it?"
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Fen's Ego wrote:

Ken
Onarra will stop in on the HH twins and retrieve Lil' Buddy.
Bannock:
"Well, if everyone needs to go to town, I guess we go to town."
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:

Ken

Bannock:

"Farweald is never a quick stop - do we really need it?"
LOL. I think that depend on you guys .... :D
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Ken
"I hate the idea of Farweald....What, too much?"

-Onarra