Chapter 17: Death's Breath

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
NukeHavoc

Chapter 17: Death's Breath

Post by NukeHavoc »

The Griffins Guild has dispatched three of its proteges -- Tanevir, Telthanas, and Burgell -- to deal with the threat of the Green Blight, a green dragon that has seized control of a portal to the Feywild at the heart of the Verdant Waste. Accompanying them on this quest are several new recruits: Hawkwind, a Pomarjian native whose tribe was wiped out by humanoid invaders,;Fargrim Frostbeard, a dwarven cleric of Muamman Duathal; Shump Bloodoath and Hank Ironvow, both half-orc fighters hired on from the Nazarn's Answer mercenary company.

With the swirling elemental storm they accidentally summoned still raging over the Dire Downs to the East of Obsidian Bay, they have chosen to travel through the tamer (or at least, less lightning blasted) hills to the south. Even here they can see signs of the Verdant Waste's rampant expansion, as well as signs of flash flooding caused by the deluge to the north. They've dealt with their first significant threat -- bugbears who successfully ambushed them in their camp -- and are now pressing on toward the Waste.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 17: Death's Breath

Post by NukeHavoc »

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 17: Death's Breath

Post by NukeHavoc »

There were three magic items from this adventure:

* Ring of Xaxxan (Ring of Mind Shielding)
* Medallion of Thoughts
* Petrified Rabbit Foot (Stone of Good Luck)

Who took what?