UNCLAIMED MAGIC ITEMS

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
NukeHavoc

UNCLAIMED MAGIC ITEMS

Post by NukeHavoc »

(i hope you heard the title of this post in a deep, booming voice)

According to my notes, the following magic items haven't been claimed yet. If I'm wrong, speak up. If I'm right, pick something).

* Dust of Dryness
* Ring of Xaxxan (Ring of Mind Shielding, demonic in origin)
* Medallion of Thoughts
* Petrified Rabbit Foot (Stone of Good Luck)
* Fire-Blessed Chain shirt of Resistance (Cold)

Talthanas is interested in the Petrified Rabbit Foot
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Re: UNCLAIMED MAGIC ITEMS

Post by EvilGenius »

Well, Roaryk wasn't on those adventures, I think, but if the party doesn't have other use for it, he would be interested in either the ring of mind shielding or medallion of thoughts. :)
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Also, there is a helluva haul in art objects, gems, coin, and non-magical equipment:

3570 gp worth of Gems/Artwork
2605 gp and 4 cp in equivalent assorted coin
4000 gp (5 suits of ornate Githyanki Half-Plate, 800gp each due to decoration and style)
250 gp in weapons (Githyanki Greatswords, 50 gp each)
10,425 gp and 4 cp total

Do you just want to handwave that any active characters are able to buy/claim a parcel of land and build a reasonable structure of their choice (or pay off the loan on one you already have) rather than account for dividing this all up between varying numbers of players (and participants) for each of the sessions where this was accumulated? Then, you could just keep whatever your current individual wealth is as "walking around" money... or, you could make a deposit for safekeeping into the newly built and highly trusted Obsidian Bay branch of the Bank of Irongate, run by the brothers of the Church of Zilchus.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

setanta14 wrote:Also, there is a helluva haul in art objects, gems, coin, and non-magical equipment:

Do you just want to handwave that any active characters are able to buy/claim a parcel of land and build a reasonable structure of their choice (or pay off the loan on one you already have) rather than account for dividing this all up between varying numbers of players (and participants) for each of the sessions where this was accumulated? Then, you could just keep whatever your current individual wealth is as "walking around" money... or, you could make a deposit for safekeeping into the newly built and highly trusted Obsidian Bay branch of the Bank of Irongate, run by the brothers of the Church of Zilchus.
Works for me.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Telthanas will take the Petrified Rabbit Foot (Stone of Good Luck) and the Dust of Dryness.

Roark is interested in either the ring of mind shielding or medallion of thoughts. No one else has asked for them. Any other interest?

Still up for grabs:

* Fire-Blessed Chain shirt of Resistance (Cold)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

[bump]
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

No current characters present for these item's acquisition.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

setanta14 wrote:No current characters present for these item's acquisition.
Same.
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

setanta14 wrote:No current characters present for these item's acquisition.

Same
Another daring escape for the intrepid Spaceman Spiff!
Fen's Ego

Post by Fen's Ego »

Squishy.

Pass.
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Well, Roaryk wasn't on those adventures, I think, but if the party doesn't have other use for it, he would be interested in either the ring of mind shielding or medallion of thoughts. :)
Bob - assuming you're playing Roaryk this afternoon, which one do you want?

For the purposes of treasure distribution, I think it's easiest for these items to be open to any of the Obsidian Frontier characters. Odothar is interested in the Ring of Mind Shielding (which plays into his protective persona) and the Fire-Blessed Chain shirt of Resistance (Cold). (preference for the ring).