Chapter 36: The Death of Burgell

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
Hardcorhobbs

Chapter 36: The Death of Burgell

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

After some debating party decided to go to Blue.

Burgell disguised party as a mercenary, two goblins, and a slave. Rin created a cart using magic paint, which they loaded up with barrels of alcohol.

On the way in they saw the remnants of a battle between two groups of goblins - Blue bottle and Black bottle. Burgell and Finn grabbed a few items to improve their disguises.

Party entered Blue, was harassed by a gang of Orcs. Apparently they saw through Rin's disguise (since he was wearing his armor under the cloak). Battle ensued. Burgell stepped through a dimension door to safety... or so he thought. Orcs pursued him, and despite a well timed fireball they were able to close in. The party tried everything they could, but they made it to Burgell a few seconds too late. The Gnome died.

Party gathered their dead companion, and Rin quickly grabbed an orc helmet before they left the battle very quickly. They then moved around Blue, using the alcohol to bribe guards. Made it to a temple of Norebo for sanctuary. There they found a cleric willing to reincarnate Burgell in exchange for the rest of the alcohol (The good stuff), and most of Burgell's cut of the Mansion treasure.

And so Burgell returned to the living... as a bald Dwarf.

The Cleric gave the party the name of a information dealing rogue; from whom the party might be able to learn the whereabouts of Darogan's Master. They dressed Burgell up as a dwarven mercenary and went off to meet the rogue at a seedy bar. They got the info they wanted... and started to discuss what they'd need to do next...
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Chapter 36: The Death of Burgell

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I have more notes to update this later... just wanted to get the framework up.
NukeHavoc

Re: Chapter 36: The Death of Burgell

Post by NukeHavoc »

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange