Chapter 40: Hunting Party

Adventures in the early days of Obsidian Bay.
setanta14

Chapter 40: Hunting Party

Post by setanta14 »

Were these the four options for seeking treasure?

Tomb of Telan [Drachensgrab Hills]
-Ghostbane Scrolls of Telan, info on Crystal Shards of Charax, Portal to Necros

Tomb of the Scorpion Prince [Bright Desert]
Tomb of the Queen in Silver [Southeastern Pomarj]
Pyre of the Fire Giant King and his Brides [Drachensgrab Hills]
"Zalshox" (sp?) the Beholder's Lair (City of Eyes?/Treasure from Obsidian Maze [Drachensgrab Hills]
Last edited by setanta14 on Mon May 01, 2017 11:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hardcorhobbs

Re: Chapter 37: Placeholder

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Tomb of Talan is the ultimate goal. The more intimidate 4th option was the Beholder from Obsidian Maze's Lair.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Ah yes, now I remember.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Tomb of Talan is the ultimate goal. The more intimidate 4th option was the Beholder from Obsidian Maze's Lair.
Yes. The Tomb of Telan is the your ultimate destination -- it's the final resting place of a Flan hero and the Ghostbane Scrolls that have information bout his fight against the necromancers of his time (and possibly the location of the Crystal Shards of Charax *and* the portal to Necros that the demi-lich Charax once protected).

The Tomb of the Queen in Silver was the one you felt was the most promising from a loot-perspective.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Re: Chapter 37: Completion of the Tfinnan Library quest

Post by setanta14 »

So, we have recovered the tomes from the Tfinnan Library, plundered the tomb of the Queen in Silver, rescued the heir to the Mollan merchant house and successfully ransomed the sage Gremorly from the nefarious wizard Xalbador of the Circle of Blue.

What's next?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

setanta14 wrote: What's next?
Oh I think you know the answer to that...

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

This is after leaving Blue, with a stop-over at the Tfinnan Estate to secure the remainder of the books, and then heading back to OB before setting out again?
Lars Porsenna wrote:
setanta14 wrote: What's next?
Oh I think you know the answer to that...

Damon.
Savory Pudding at Finn's!
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Correct, after tying up all those loose ends.

Besides the rogue beholder, going after the tomb of the Scorpion Prince in the Bright Desert sounds interesting. Gremorly would likely want to return to Nyrond and his university post after his ordeal on the Pomarj, so if we were to accompany him there, the Bright Desert would be an easy stop on the way back.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Rin would be most interested with the threats to Obsidian Bay. He's here to help the settlement. He wouldn't say no to the bright desert if that's what everyone else is interested in though.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Who knows, maybe he'll want to stay in Obsidian Bay and assist with the burgeoning academic community and contribute to the Library.
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Burgell feels compelled to go after the Beholder... (mainly because I have a mini of one...)

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

The beholder is certainly a possibility... his cyclops/hobgoblin minions could pose a threat to Obsidian Bay.
setanta14

Re: Chapter 40: Hunting Party

Post by setanta14 »

The Tomb of the Scorpion Prince: The sole heir to King Shattados], the Scorpion Prince ruled the southeastern reaches of the Bright Desert in -700 CY. He fell with the rest of his kingdom when his father attempted to use the Scorpion Crown to achieve absolute dominion over his kingdom … and failed. The monstrous prince attempted to carve out his own empire after his father's fall, but was defeated by an alliance of Flan and Suel tribesmen. They hid him away in a tomb meant to hold him for all time … and with a fortune in treasure that he'd plundered (the superstitious tribesmen wanting nothing to do with it).

The Fire Giant's Pyre: King Alothor, a notable fire giant king who died 250 years ago, once unified several of the warring fire giant tribes in the Drachensgrabs. When he died fighting a red dragon, his sons — in one last act of respect before falling into fighting amongst themselves — created the Pyre, a sort of tomb nestled in the still-warm depths of the crumbling mountains. The King was buried with his weapons, his loot, and several of his wives (noble giantesses who guard him in the afterlife).

The Aperture of Zalshox: The lair of Zalshox, a beholder cast out from the City of Eyes, is located in the southern hills of the Pomarj. Rumor has it he's bred a small army of hobgoblin servants slavishly loyal to him. The beholder has lived for centuries, and is believed to have taken a sizable amount of treasure out of the Obsidian Maze when he fled it.

The Wyvern Empire: General Kor is still out there, assembling his Hextorite followers, awakening Ironbound Warriors (aka reinforced flesh golems), and bringing order to the chaotic lands of the Pomarj.

The Tomb of Telan: Final resting place of the flan hero Telan and ancestor of Hegil Tfinnan, the Tomb is believed to hold the Ghostbane Scrolls. The Scrolls are a bardic epic that recounts Telan's battles with an ancient Nerullite cult that worshipped the demi-lich Charax.

Charax was charged with defending the final portal to the Fading Land of Necros, a lich-ruled demiplane dominated by the undead. His phylactery, the Crystal Skull of Charax, was shattered by Telan at the culmination of the heroe's battle with the Nerullite cult.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Experience

* Burgell Nackle: 1650 xp
* Darogan Ferventfire: 1650 xp
* Hawkwind: 1650 xp
* Jack Greymane: 1650 xp
* Rinnadar Tinugelydh: 1650 xp
* Zaphrym: 1650 xp
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

[ding]

Burgell leveled. He is now 9th level.