Dark City Primer?

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

Dark City Primer?

Post by NukeHavoc »

I'm thinking of putting together a Dark City primer that recounts the campaign to date, touches on some major and minor NPCs that we've encountered, and pulls together links to some of the resources (places, organizations, etc.) we use or expect to use a lot.

Anything in particular you think I should include? Do you think we should create a quick "Guide to Greyhawk" that provides an overview of the setting for our newer players (e.g. the calendar, major holidays, the moons, principle gods, etc.)?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

Sounds good. I wouldn't think you'd need to do a Greyhawk primer though. There are lots of publications that do the same, and pretty much all of us own one. I'm just Greyhawk retarded, and am just not quite as into it as you guys to the point where I'm motivated to do a lot of reading outside of the game.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Sounds good. I wouldn't think you'd need to do a Greyhawk primer though. There are lots of publications that do the same, and pretty much all of us own one. I'm just Greyhawk retarded, and am just not quite as into it as you guys to the point where I'm motivated to do a lot of reading outside of the game.
I got out my Greyhawk Playe'rs Guide, which is a small gazetteer that they published in the 1990s when the settings being was relaunched. I think it has some good background we can crib for it.

The most important things for Dark City, IMHO, is the calendar and the major holidays (of which there are only a few); the calendar is important for keeping track of whose running what when; holidays (particularly the festival weeks) are good for role-playing fodder.

I'm not expecting you to keep up with all this though; I'm happy (as a player, and as the GM) to be the timekeeper and make note of what's happened when.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange