Kerth's interum actions

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

Kerth's interum actions

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Kerth stayed behind in the city during the bleeding eye arc. During that time he'll be working with Sir Peldonius both on becoming a citizen of the city, and on the earth dragon business. He'll also regularly meet with Koronia Sethowen of the Maidens of the Shield seeing what he can do to aid them since they are on the "front lines" of the mudsitters district. He'll be searching for any rumors of the missing baby.

Gerran on the other hand will take his leave of the party and continue wandering from town to town along the Pomarj. Mainly with caravans as solo travel is unsafe. (I don't plan on using him unless I need him in which case he could come back.)
EvilGenius

Re: Kerth's interum actions

Post by EvilGenius »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Gerran on the other hand will take his leave of the party and continue wandering from town to town along the Pomarj.
Town to town. All 5 of them. :) (Waterton, Brewerton, Cathedral of Liberty, Coral Cove, Blue)

See you back real soon, Gerran! :P
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Town to town. All 5 of them. :) (Waterton, Brewerton, Cathedral of Liberty, Coral Cove, Blue)
Actually, we've got a bunch more than that, we just didn't add 'em to the site. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Town to town. All 5 of them. :) (Waterton, Brewerton, Cathedral of Liberty, Coral Cove, Blue)
Actually, we've got a bunch more than that, we just didn't add 'em to the site. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:Actually, we've got a bunch more than that, we just didn't add 'em to the site. :)
Nah, let's let him keep bouncing back and forth between the same five. It's funnier that way. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

It's six thank you! He's already been to Two-hams.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Kerth stayed behind in the city during the bleeding eye arc. During that time he'll be working with Sir Peldonius both on becoming a citizen of the city, and on the earth dragon business. He'll also regularly meet with Koronia Sethowen of the Maidens of the Shield seeing what he can do to aid them since they are on the "front lines" of the mudsitters district. He'll be searching for any rumors of the missing baby.
Ok, I think Magical Medieval Society had something on citizenship; I think it was something like stay in the city for a year and pay a fee, or get a citizenship bestowed on you for some great act.

What do you guys think? How should we handle citizenship in the city?
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

The Greyhawk boxed set has a section on obtaining citizenship also (though I'm not looking that up right now).

I think for OB, residency + fee would be the way it normally went. But in these troubled times, maybe the "great deed" would be military service? After all, they're drafting people from the streets. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:The Greyhawk boxed set has a section on obtaining citizenship also (though I'm not looking that up right now).

I think for OB, residency + fee would be the way it normally went. But in these troubled times, maybe the "great deed" would be military service? After all, they're drafting people from the streets. :)
If memory serves, I think they're still working their way up to the draft; the Sellsword Act was passed to crack down on freelancers in the city, but that's mostly just increasing membership in the guilds. :)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Remember, Kerth is working for/with the Church of Pelor now. So he wouldn't readily sign up for military service. He's not the military type. In the event the city was under siege or some such, he would likely join the military wing of the church of Pelor.

Also, you guys are talking about city laws and acts... is there an article on this somewhere? That would be a good article to add to the wiki if it exists, or create a new one as we discuss it here.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote: But in these troubled times, maybe the "great deed" would be military service? After all, they're drafting people from the streets. :)
Good be, but I don't think that's an option for PCs, since it would end up sending members of the party into the field for months at a time.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:Also, you guys are talking about city laws and acts... is there an article on this somewhere? That would be a good article to add to the wiki if it exists, or create a new one as we discuss it here.
No, I don't think there's a formal article, but I'll search my hard drive for one. It's mostly been an informal affair, handled whenever the PCs broke a crime, but I think it's something worth formalizing into a wiki article.

I have a thread going here:

http://www.griffcrier.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1616
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:
EvilGenius wrote: But in these troubled times, maybe the "great deed" would be military service? After all, they're drafting people from the streets. :)
Good be, but I don't think that's an option for PCs, since it would end up sending members of the party into the field for months at a time.

Yeah, I"m not thinking it's an option for PCs, but it makes sense based on what's happening and at most, I could see some roleplaying pressure as citizens/churches/super patriotic shopkeeps remind/pressure strangers to sign up for military service in order to gain citizenship.

Like in the scene from "Gangs of New York" when all of the Irish immigrants were disembarking from the boat in NYC only to be immediately recruited into "Mr Lincoln's army". Here's a bowl of soup, walk across the dock to this other boat where you get your uniform and get shipped to the war.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

EvilGenius wrote:Like in the scene from "Gangs of New York" when all of the Irish immigrants were disembarking from the boat in NYC only to be immediately recruited into "Mr Lincoln's army". Here's a bowl of soup, walk across the dock to this other boat where you get your uniform and get shipped to the war.
This was happening when Kerth entered the City. He bypassed it when he told them he was here to visit the Church of Pelor.