Naming the Dark City A/B Teams

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

Naming the Dark City A/B Teams

Post by NukeHavoc »

I think we're all in agreement that we need something better than 'A/B Teams' for the Dark City campaigns.

Any suggestions?
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

Yeah, especially since they aren't different teams of the same organization like our Blackrazors are.

Our higher level characters have been on alot of adventures dealing with supernatural/otherwordly threats... maybe something along those lines?

The lower level characters dealt with the black scout taint and the child abductions at the hands of the kobolds. (now, of course, few remain of that group).
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Except, we've already set the precedent with the Blackrazor A and B Teamers, so are we going to re-name those as well?

For the most part, we've used whatever campaign/adventure we've been running, and if both of these are versions of Dark City, well then, A vs. B seems to make some sense.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Well, the Blackrazor ATeam/BTeam designations all dealt with Blackrazor characters (and their henchmen) who were all much more closely associated than our various Dark City characters.

The original Dark City group had characters who were either extremely 'light' (exalted monk, paladin, favored soul) or extremely 'dark' (a shadowmancer, Corash the Half-Golem) with very few inbetween (thom).

How about Dark City: Lightbringers? or Dark City: Light and Shadow?
Lars Porsenna

Post by Lars Porsenna »

Now wait...how is Corash dark??? His alignment is CG and all his efforts have been directed of late at preventing an incursion of the Far Realm, a threat he sees as potentially destroying the world!

Damon.
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
Modeling the Ecuadorian Military: https://ecuadorianmilitary.blogspot.com/
My Book Blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
My Minis Blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

well, shadows are by definition a combination of light and darkness... Vargas is but a mere neutral wizard's apprentice... now, Corash and his creepy master Maurgiir on the other hand... they are nefarious scoundrels who bear watching.

Lars Porsenna wrote:Now wait...how is Corash dark??? His alignment is CG and all his efforts have been directed of late at preventing an incursion of the Far Realm, a threat he sees as potentially destroying the world!

Damon.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Regarding whether we need formal A Team/B Team designations, I agree with Bob that this is different from the Blackrazors; the Blackrazors were all one team where as the upper and lower level Dark City adventurers are more or less completely unrelated.

From an organizational stand point, I think it would make things easier to split the upper/lower Dark City sagas into two separate pages.
EvilGenius wrote:How about Dark City: Lightbringers? or Dark City: Light and Shadow?
How about:

* Shadows of the Silver Flame (A Team): The Silver Flame designation will make more sense once I get my turn to run a few more higher-level adventures. Bob and Jon already know what I'm talking about.

* Pathfinders (B Team): I'm not pre-supposing a switch to the Pathfinder RPG, but something about the name "Dark City: Pathfinders" clicked for me. I think the name fits what we're doing with Dark City characters; each one finding their own path.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

I'm cool with both of those!
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Lars Porsenna wrote:Now wait...how is Corash dark??? His alignment is CG and all his efforts have been directed of late at preventing an incursion of the Far Realm, a threat he sees as potentially destroying the world! Damon.
Well, he's a half-golem who gives everyone else the creeps. :P
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

NukeHavoc wrote:How about:

* Shadows of the Silver Flame (A Team): The Silver Flame designation will make more sense once I get my turn to run a few more higher-level adventures. Bob and Jon already know what I'm talking about.

* Pathfinders (B Team): I'm not pre-supposing a switch to the Pathfinder RPG, but something about the name "Dark City: Pathfinders" clicked for me. I think the name fits what we're doing with Dark City characters; each one finding their own path.
Sounds good to me.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

EvilGenius wrote:Well, he's a half-golem who gives everyone else the creeps. :P
I think it's safe to say that once you've sacrificed a major body part in the name of magical power, you're at least flirting with the Dark Side. :)
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

That's two. Any others?
EvilGenius wrote:
NukeHavoc wrote:How about:

Sounds good to me.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

And don't forget the Eye. Don't tell us you didn't want the eye.