Dark City: Silver Flame - Return of the Entertainer (5/2)

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
moths

Post by moths »

Mica's totally keeping one of those ever-burning torches, unless there's a burning need to sell them all. (Ha!)
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Vundan's Gifts, all labeled and left for Tom at Fire-eaters in a simple box.

"Lookout" - +1 dagger, can cast alarm as per the spell 1/day, dagger is the focus, moving dagger cancels spell - 2662
Wand of Cure light wounds (13 charges remaining) - 188
Elixir of fire breath - 1100
x2 Feather Token, tree (400 gp each) - 800
x4 Sleep Arrow (132 gp each) - 528
Potion of Barkskin +2 - 300
Potion of Cat's Grace - 300
Potion of Protection from arrows - 300
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

I went to the google file and marked my first pick for the sleep arrows and random gold.
Cory and I were talking and my character Erngard does not have a lot to do story wise. I was looking at investigating the Earth Dragon Cult. I would like to keep an eye for Kirth and in my spare time try to 'case' as much of the temple city block as possible. Watch hours, shift changes, what the walls are, crude map, etc.

Erngard's discussion with Kerth:

Erngard "Well Kerth, I can look into this bunch (the Earth Dragon Cult) for you. The Mudsitters isn't what it used to be."
Kirth I can't ask you to put yourself in danger. They have quite the following these days.
Erngard "Trust me, I won't be in any real danger. I may be able to slip past some guards and find some documents. Granted I would do best in the wilderness but I do not think much would be happening of much intelligence-wise in those caravans, unless you suspect some type of corruption there?"
Kirth Unfortunately they've created a compound around the temple. All of the homes around the temple are now controlled by their followers, creating this compound.
Erngard "What about a sewer entrance?"
Kirth Heh, obviously you haven't been in town lately. The sewers have had... interesting things showing up there lately. Could be connected, but non-the less extra dangerous. Just a few weeks ago it was corrupted by some sort of living pumpkin man. We never found him after destroying most of his spawn. Ah, and there was that large tentacled beast.
Erngard "This sounds troublesome. What is the compound like? High walls, sentries, and so forth. Any chance we run up and over them?"
Kirth an entire block of city homes.
Erngard "We may need to walk by and check it out. I could start to map what we know of it - if not already done so."
Kirth Unfortunately... I can't get that close.
Erngard "Why's that Kerth?"
Kirth ... There was an incident with a baby, and they blamed me for some problems. Since then they've had it in for me.
Erngard "How bad do they want to settle with you?" ::guzzling down the rest of beer:: "And not to mention," he pauses with a slight burp, "we may be able to get you to draw their attention or I may be able to slip in using magics from that Corash guy or maybe Vargas, whatever he is."
Kirth It's a bit bold my friend, and puts you in far too much danger. I think its best that we wait for an opening.
Erngard "Aye, and if what all you tell me is true, how do you plan on helping these poor people? You can't protect them? The best we could do is follow Osil around and see if he makes any hostile moves - unless the trick is watching Nemgard."
Kirth they are hard to catch. They have many followers who do the real work outside the compound. And with the recent death of their captain of the guard I don't think they will be found outside the compound much.
Erngard "So what is that we can do?"
Kirth Right now. I'm working to link the various groups that patrol the mudsitters. Trying to get the information to be better shared about the earthdragon followers.
Erngard "aye."
Kirth and if you know people in the mudsitters... you might just be able to help with that
Erngard "Sure I could talk to a few. What about that guy Thom, he's seems likeable, people may talk to him more - they kind of stay away from me."
Kirth He might be able to help. Hrm... well, if you really want to help you could always accompany me. I tend to draw attention. You could help fend off any potential trouble.
Erngard "Very well, I shall do that."
Kirth Good. I look forward to the company and the protection
Erngard "Good! Another round of ale... what else shall we do for this great city!"
Kirth fight monsters. Help the downtroden.
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

Deleted Scene "Indiana Jones Bluff"

Erngard "Well Kerth, I can look into this bunch (the Earth Dragon Cult) for you. The Mudsitters isn't what it used to be."
Kirth I can't ask you to put yourself in danger. They have quite the following these days.
Erngard "Trust me, I won't put myself in any un-needed danger. I got friends in every town in this region from here past Geoff, I speak a dozen languages, know every local custom, I'll blend in, disappear, they'll never see me again (if they see me once). With any luck, I'll have this figured out in no time."
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

ERNGARD: Does anyone here speak Ancient Suloise? How about Old Oeridian? No thank you, I don't need any lizard on a stick. That green soup looks good though...
T1Mirage

Post by T1Mirage »

Bartender: Water?
Engard: No thank you, sir, no. Fish make love in it.

Awesome lines.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

I don't think we ever finished up distributing the loot from this adventure.

Google Sheet is here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... 0ZIg&hl=en

So far the picks are:

Thom
1) "Lookout" Dagger
2) Potion of Barksin

Erngard
1) x4 Sleep Arrow
Misc) Everburning Torch

Treasure, Coins & Such

To follow-up on previous events ... Thom was able to find someone who was interested in the mirror, and is willing to pay slightly more than market price for it (1700 gp). He also sold the tapestry of the Fall of Obsidian Bay to Ian at The Den for slightly less (500 gp).

The following characters were present for the adventure, and each receive a 1057 gp share:

Gruffudd Castlemaine, half-elf paladin of Lendor
Sir Krovacar Fawkes, human paladin of Wee Jas
Corash, elven seeker of magical knowledge
Thom Silverbow, half-elven bard in search of fame
Erngard, Orcslayer Guild member with a dark past
Mica Brightpick, gnome jeweler seething with hidden rage
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Gruffudd's treasure picks would be one (or both) of the Feather Tokens.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

T1Mirage wrote:Deleted Scene "Indiana Jones Bluff"

Erngard "Trust me, I won't put myself in any un-needed danger. I got friends in every town in this region from here past Geoff, I speak a dozen languages, know every local custom, I'll blend in, disappear, they'll never see me again (if they see me once). With any luck, I'll have this figured out in no time."
Some how I missed this entire thread. In any case, it's assumed that Erngard will be helping out Kerth with his Mudsitters District endeavors.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange