EXP loss

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
Hardcorhobbs

EXP loss

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

So somewhere along the line I lost the page I was tracking Kerth's experience on. Ken also mentioned he wasn't sure where Thom was with experience. So I figured while I'm at it I might as well throw together a whole spreadsheet.

Few notes on the spreadsheet:
1) I've gone through the wiki and forums to find all the experience I could. I also updated the wiki with any experience that was missing.

2) A "0" means that character was present for the adventure. This is basically a placeholder until I can find any experience for that adventure.

3) Theres some notes in the first column. Since I'm not sure what level characters were yet... I just placed a note any time there was experience for two different levels.

If anyone has notes on some of the missing experience, please post it here. I'll then relay it into both the wiki and the spreadsheet. Thanks!
erilar

Post by erilar »

Perhaps you should add a column for missing time... :lol:
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Jonkga

Post by Jonkga »

Really? You're going to track *everyone's* XP? I'm not sure that's really necessary. And, frankly, shouldn't that be up to the players themselves?

I just think this might be taking the "what else can I do with technology" thing just a bit too far.
"Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion."
-- "Directive" by Robert Frost
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Given the lengthy delays between sessions, I'm not surprised that folks are having some difficulty tracking experience. If Cory wants to come up with a spreadsheet, well, more power to him. :)
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
EvilGenius

Post by EvilGenius »

Jonkga wrote:Really? You're going to track *everyone's* XP? I'm not sure that's really necessary. And, frankly, shouldn't that be up to the players themselves?
Yeah, and what the extra xp I award myself for awesome roleplaying, superior tactical awareness and putting up with other players non-optimized character builds? (I'm looking at you, Damon!) :P

You're going to need more columns, Cory. lol!

(totally kidding, guys. except about the non-optimized character build part) :P
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Jonkga wrote:Really? You're going to track *everyone's* XP? I'm not sure that's really necessary. And, frankly, shouldn't that be up to the players themselves?

I just think this might be taking the "what else can I do with technology" thing just a bit too far.
It's definitely not necessary, but it was very easy to do as I was tracking Kerth's exp anyway. Ultimately it is still up to the players, this will just be a tool you can use or ignore as you see fit. Each player will still have to make sure his column is correct, in case they did get some extra exp for putting up with Damon ;-)

The spreadsheet only took me 20 min to build. However I've been working 4 hours tracking exp and moving missing entries onto the wiki.
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

FYI for Kerth's experience track I'm specifically looking for any exp from 3/24/06 and 5/20/08. From what notes I do have on my character sheet... I'm missing about 1100 exp.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Hardcorhobbs wrote:FYI for Kerth's experience track I'm specifically looking for any exp from 3/24/06 and 5/20/08. From what notes I do have on my character sheet... I'm missing about 1100 exp.
I'll check my notes.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
erilar

Post by erilar »

EvilGenius wrote:awesome roleplaying, superior tactical awareness and putting up with other players non-optimized character builds?
You're a legend in your own mind, Bob! ;P
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer