Dark City: The Hunt for Absalom (8/15)

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
erilar

Post by erilar »

NukeHavoc wrote: I think we already had Largo hook up with the Couriers Association in a previous adventure, but if not, consider it a done deal. They are actively looking to recruit him as a poster child for the Messengers Guild's oppression.
Gotcha. Learning of the Messengers' petition to become a guild (and hence secure a monopoly), Largo files a written protest in person with the Council of Guilds' Office of Grievances (in hand-written triplicate on three different colors of parchment):
"Honored Council Members,

We, the Association of Couriers, as peaceful, law abiding, and concerned citizens of the City of Obsidian Bay, wish to formally oppose the Messengers' petition for formal Guild status in the city.

If the Messengers truly wanted fair and legal sanction as Obsidian Bay's official courier guild, they should have requested such status before visiting threats, violence, and even murder upon the City's community of established independent couriers. Unfortunately, their actions have instead announced their true identity to the people of Obsidian Bay - which is none other than a collection of greedy, ruthless law-breakers who will stop at nothing to further their shady business aspirations. (We also think they read peoples' mail.)

We understand the gravity of these accusations, and are willing to back up our claims with solid proof that the Messengers, under the leadership of the gnome calling himself Ordo, have murdered innocent denizens of the City to ensure their dominance over the otherwise noble and time-honored profession of confidential courier.

With respect and sincerity,
Largo T. Leftpocket
Acting Temporary Senior Chief Spokesperson
The Independent Association of Couriers, Obsidian Bay chapter

PS - For further inquiry, and/or to discuss our proof of the Messengers' murderous activities, I may be contacted through my associate, Edgar, at the Ettin's Heart Inn (unless the Messengers kill him too)."
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer
Hardcorhobbs

Post by Hardcorhobbs »

Saga is posted:

http://www.griffcrier.com/wiki/index.ph ... or_Absalom

Still needs some cleanup, and I may be missing some stuff in the beginning. I also need to add in some of the between game notes we did here on the crier.
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

erilar wrote:Gotcha. Learning of the Messengers' petition to become a guild (and hence secure a monopoly), Largo files a written protest in person with the Council of Guilds' Office of Grievances (in hand-written triplicate on three different colors of parchment):
btw, I missed this earlier but the Messengers Guild is already a formal, recognized guild in the city. They're just petitioning to have their monopoly confirmed.

By default, no guild in OB has a monopoly, but trade guilds (like the the Messengers) can petition for exclusivity to protect the livelihoods of its workers. The Messengers hadn't done that previously because there wasn't a need, but with the rise of a freelance messenger group (and now the Couriers Association) they're making the political moves necessary to consolidate their control further.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
NukeHavoc

Post by NukeHavoc »

Each player gets 350 xp for the last Dark City adventure.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange