Tales of the Dark City

The Obsidian Bay campaign.
NukeHavoc

Tales of the Dark City

Post by NukeHavoc »

For my Nuke(m)Con adventure I'm going to right a final adventure for the Dark City campaign. You can play Dark City characters, or create new ones. For those of you who plan on playing your old characters, what have they been up to in the months and years since they last adventured? Where were they during the Flood that drowned the lower portions of the city ... and how have their lives been changed by it?

I'll need to check with Nate about the current date, but I'm assuming its sometime in 593, probably a year or more after the last Dark City adventure.

ken
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me. I'll try and be a tad more quiet as I desperately struggle to break free -- and save all creation!" -- Doctor Strange
setanta14

Re: Tales of the Dark City

Post by setanta14 »

Wow... checked the date of my character files... 7 years ago :shock:

If it has been a year since the Flood, then it would be Patchwall 593 or later.
setanta14

Post by setanta14 »

"Rebuilt" OB Map:
http://www.box.net/shared/n580i0y3ynl1rx6rspkb

A fortified breakwater has been built protecting the harbor (built in less than a year by a conscripted workforce and magical assistance).

Ships now generally moor along the inside of this to load/unload cargo. On the western side, a porter's road has been built that leads along the narrow strand to a tunnel ramp dug through the cliff face so that goods can pass up and into the city where the Obsidian Tower once stood. That area has become the "Dry Market"

Flooded areas of the Strange Quarter, Griffin's District, and Wharf District often have goods delivered directly from ships at anchor in the harbor who unload onto longboats or other shallow draft craft.

A "Gunwale Market" has formed in the broad area surrounding the Griffin's District where trade is conducted ship to ship between merchant and patron right across the sides of their boats.

A low seawall has been built inside the city to keep the waters of the flooded areas at bay, and many small boats are tied along a makeshift boardwalk. This wall is much taller surrounding the High Quarter, and is also fortified, making the High Quarter a "city within a city" (a concession to the wealthier residents there for footing the bill for most of the city's reconstruction).
erilar

Post by erilar »

Which time and day were you expecting to run this adventure?

Edit: sorry - two concurrent threads and I hadn't see the other info. Count me out for this adventure. I don't think I can make Sat afternoon/evening, but no sweat. I hadn't been playing in the latter days of the Dark City campaign, and I'm pretty out of touch with those events anyway.
"This enemy you cannot kill. You can only drive it back damaged into the depths, and teach your children to watch the waves for its return." - Quellcrist Falconer